Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Colorado Fishing Trip

Default Colorado Fishing Trip

I know this is a SoCal forum and this is a Colorado trip, but I am from SoCal and I think people would appreciate this report anyways. I just got back from visiting my friend in Denver. While we were up there, he took us fishing to some really beautiful spots. There was a lot of excitement. My wife continued her success, as she caught 3 trout (1 rainbow and 2 brookies). I lost my count total after 15, half were brookies and the other half were rainbow. I farmed 5. I was hoping for the Colorado Grand Slam (Rainbow, Brook, Cutthroat, and Brown), but I'll settle for the double. We hit up Lake Dillon in Summit County, and a really cool river that emptied into it. We also fished a really productive gulch that produced the first brooks I've ever caught. The weather was wierd too. It was sunny for a bit, then it started raining, and within 5 minutes of the onset of the rain, it got really windy and started to snow on us. It was awesome fishing in the snow. There was a really cool snake we ran into, as well as some elk that were drinking nearby (no pic). Again, I know this is a Colorado trip, but I just want to share and contribute for all the really cool threads I've read from other readers. Here are the pics, pretty much in order.

Great trip!

The pics of the snow and brookie are really cool! I lived in Colo. for a few months a looooong time ago. It is beautiful up there. Thanks for taking me back...

SCG7

Beautiful brookies.

Thanks for the report.

Nice photos, looks like you guys had a great trip. An awfull lot of beetle killed trees in the woods though. Looks like No Cal.

Beautiful fish pics. Great post
    GO DODGERS!

wow nice color on the fish. I might be going to Kentucky soon and doing some out of state fishing maybe i will put up some pic's too.

Default Colorado Grand Slam

I've done some great fishing in the Rocky Mtns. Always a totally clear sky early in the morn and thundershowers in the afternoon.

BTW, not to be a pill (forgive me) but I wondered why you left Mackinaw (lake trout) and Kokanee out of your "Colorado Grand Slam?"

Thanks for the great report and pics. You're a very nice looking family.

BTW, again, is that a rattler?

Arrrrrrggggghhhhhhh........ooooooouuuuuucccchhhhh. .......pictures to beautiful......hurt my eyes........
    Seriosly man. Colorado is just georgeous and those fish look great. Thanks for sharing.
    That snake's head looks too small to be a rattler but I ain't no expert on snakes.

very colorful catch and the seniery is a beaut.

CONGRATS

Looks like great family vac. time spent fishing. Thanks for the post & pics.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast