Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Vietnam Report (with lots of pics!)

Looks like a great experience...nice pics!

Default that was awesome

Thanks CR......that was simply awesome....BTW, CR also stands for costa rica....now that's another place to go fishing ......

Quote Originally Posted by soulsurfer View Post
    Thanks CR......that was simply awesome....BTW, CR also stands for costa rica....now that's another place to go fishing ......
    and SURF!!!

nice pics CR!! thats awesome! thats kinda funny that someone thought you were japanese..as heman said, you dont look too asian haha. but i guess that comes with being hapa!

Awesome Report!!!!!!

Looks like a fun filled adventure exploring your roots and being able to connect through a common interest that dates back 1,000's of years. Although technology has improved, the goal is the same.

Very nice of you to share your experience of meeting extended family, some culture, and again the common interest of all of us on this site.

Thanks for taking the time to share the experience!!!!!!!!!

Steve

PS we will hook up some how some where!!!!!

Steve

Cool post. I spent about a month in Cambodia earlier this year. I managed to go out ocean fishing one time, out of the port city of Sihanoukville. We didn’t catch huge numbers but it was a blast. Only $25 and that was all day, fishing gear, lunch and dinner. I also caught a few snakeheads, with my brother in-law, reminds me a lot of bass fishing. Funny thing that day there was a local kid with about 20 foot piece of bamboo, some line and a homemade frog lure catching more than three of us using western rigs combined.

Again cool post I have only been to Vietnam once, a couple of years ago, and want to go back. Was supposed to spend about a week there this time but I got outvoted by my wife and her family.

Quote Originally Posted by Fisherman57 View Post
    Is that a TEAM 57 shirt I see? TEAM 57 IN VIETMAN! WooHoo!
    Heck ya...how could I not represent after all the kindness, and information sharing that comes from this site?
    Quote Originally Posted by sansou View Post
    Truly a fascinating report on many levels.

Thanks for taking the time to post the pics.
    It was a fascinating trip. I'm happy to share.
    Quote Originally Posted by bruce watson View Post
    That is one beautiful country. I remember how crystal clear the water of the South China Sea was.
    There was so much wind that it was blown out where I was. But it probably changes depending on the time of year.
    Quote Originally Posted by gavin310 View Post
    thanks for the great "story"! was a good read. it's great how fishing is completely cross-cultural and uniting. my girlfriend is from thailand and i'd like to visit, but she said it's illegal to fish in the ocean there.
    Yeah, it's almost impossible to think of a culture that didn't fish. Not to doubt your girlfriend but check out this site. Megafishing Thailand. I'd love to fish Thailand. My Mom is actually building a house in Thailand right now. How about it? You buy the plane tickets and I'll arrange for a place to stay.
    Quote Originally Posted by olfishergal View Post
    Really great read, I love the pics........thanks for sharing.........makes Nam seem more real to me.
    OFG
    No problem olfishergal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Badfish2 View Post
    Looks like an adventure for sure, vietnamese women are hot
    They are a little easy on the eyes. Don't tell the gf I said that.
    Quote Originally Posted by BassEngineer View Post
    Looks like a great experience...nice pics!
    Thanks! It was the experience of a lifetime.
    Quote Originally Posted by soulsurfer View Post
    My gf has been to Costa Rica. Maybe that's my next trip.
    Quote Originally Posted by aboos View Post
    thats kinda funny that someone thought you were japanese..
    Ha Ha, yeah i think that night had more to do with how I was dressed -- slacks and a solid light blue button up shirt -- than my facial features. Too funny though.
    Quote Originally Posted by flyngby View Post
    Awesome Report!!!!!!

Steve

PS we will hook up some how some where!!!!!

Steve
    Thanks. Heck yeah we will hook up. I've been hitting the Newport piers lately but i suspect you been on the water.
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Cool post. I spent about a month in Cambodia earlier this year. I managed to go out ocean fishing one time, out of the port city of Sihanoukville. We didn’t catch huge numbers but it was a blast. Only $25 and that was all day, fishing gear, lunch and dinner. I also caught a few snakeheads, with my brother in-law, reminds me a lot of bass fishing. Funny thing that day there was a local kid with about 20 foot piece of bamboo, some line and a homemade frog lure catching more than three of us using western rigs combined.

Again cool post I have only been to Vietnam once, a couple of years ago, and want to go back. Was supposed to spend about a week there this time but I got outvoted by my wife and her family.
    Sweet. I'd love to hook up some snakeheads. Maybe it's time to post your report. Oh wait maybe you did. I should search the posts....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123