Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Vietnam Report (with lots of pics!)

Awesome report. One could only imagine the experiance unless experianced first hand. I am sure you will remember forever. Thanks for taking the time to report.....................fish

awesome report and pic! sorry about no boom boom haha jk..thanks for posting

my dad was in nam 67-69.and wen they wernt fightn they fished and loved the place.
    awsome report.

Quote Originally Posted by tacklejunkie View Post
    Sweet pics man. Lots of different little crazy fishes!
    Looks like a fun trip!
    Thanks, it was fun. I wish I knew what those little fishes were.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronira View Post
    Amazing photos and a great narrative as well. I would really like to go there some day. Thanks for the great post.
    Do it! Bring your rod too man. It's a different world, man.

Quote Originally Posted by fish_sauce View Post
    Thankyou for sharing the awesome photos and experience...

that picture of the reclined buddha sure brings back some long, distant childhood memory. i've been there before, but i can vaguely remember it...

sure does inspire me to plan a trip of my own to visit VN. It's been almost twenty years!!
    Try over 35 years for me with no memories. I wouldn't mind going back to that buddha and hiking up the mountain rather than takin the cable car.

Quote Originally Posted by Troutman65 View Post
    Thanks for sharing your trip on FNN. Great pics. They tell a story on their own. Welcome back
    Thanks troutman....it's good to be back.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingnut View Post
    Man, I've been waiting for this report.
    Excellent report and very well done!
    Those pics brings back some great memories from my youth. Even though I was pretty much a city boy growing up in Saigon (which is now called Ho Chi Minh City), I always love visiting relatives in the countryside.

One day, I'm going to make some time and visit the homeland... left there in 1975 and haven't been back.

That is great that you found the time to get some fishing in. I like the high-tech drag system that they have on those bamboo poles.
    I wonder if there are any Halibut in those waters...

Thanks for sharing your experience.
    It's not quite the same place it was then, form what people tell me. looks like there's a rising middle class. But that's true for much of SE asia. I never did try one of those bamboo poles, but wouldn't mind tryin. Hey if there's halibut there, wingnut, I know you'll find them. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by steve092 View Post
    Thanks for the read and pictures!
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by HEMAN View Post
    Are you F'ing kidding me??? i was born in Can Tho too!!!!! i've never been back but these pics look awesome...
    i look forward to being able to go back some one day even more now.. thanks CR..

mmm. my only question is.. err. you don't look too asian... background story??? just wondering..
    Story of my life. Nobody ever gets my ethnicity right. Mexican, native american, arab, one guy in Vietnam thought I was Japanese! Vietnamese mother, American dad....I guess I take after dad. Even my sister looks more asian than I. No shoot?! You were born in Can Tho too? Funny thing is I was only born there because my Mom was on here way back home to give me up to grandma. I guess I am lucky she changed her mind.

Quote Originally Posted by BakoBassin View Post
    Fishing looks dangerous there...those dudes are wearing helmets in the last pic.
    Yeah, I thought that was hilarious. I figure they didn't want them stolen off their scooters OR (and I like this one better) death by falling coconut is a real problem there.

Quote Originally Posted by Gmoney View Post
    what a great post and pictures
    thanks for sharing with us...especially those of us that have not experienced places like Vietnam
    that is some beautiful countryside

thanks again....and i wish you well on your journey either here or there!
    G$
    Thanks, I have traveled Europe, but a place like Vietnam was very new to me.

Quote Originally Posted by mstr fish View Post
    Awesome report. One could only imagine the experiance unless experianced first hand. I am sure you will remember forever. Thanks for taking the time to report.....................fish
    I am sure I will too, at least my gut will. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by 4g63power View Post
    awesome report and pic! sorry about no boom boom haha jk..thanks for posting
    Yeah well, my GF probablly wouldn't care for me comin home with some std. It wasn't for lack of offers though. If you ever wander around Saigon at night as a lone male, you will get dozens of offers for "massage boom boom'. Even from the cyclo drivers!

Quote Originally Posted by usmcfisherman View Post
    my dad was in nam 67-69.and wen they wernt fightn they fished and loved the place.
    awsome report.
    Sweet, maybe your dad is my dad. juz kiddin. My dad went over there as a merchant sailor running victory ships and then he stayed there to operate a floating power plant near Vung Tao. The power plant supplied electricity to a nearby base. I'd love to go back and fish all over SE asia.

Exclamation

Very cool report! Thank you for sharing this!

Is that a TEAM 57 shirt I see? TEAM 57 IN VIETMAN! WooHoo!

Truly a fascinating report on many levels.

Thanks for taking the time to post the pics.

That is one beautiful country. I remember how crystal clear the water of the South China Sea was.

thanks for the great "story"! was a good read. it's great how fishing is completely cross-cultural and uniting. my girlfriend is from thailand and i'd like to visit, but she said it's illegal to fish in the ocean there.

Really great read, I love the pics........thanks for sharing.........makes Nam seem more real to me.
    OFG

Looks like an adventure for sure, vietnamese women are hot

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast