Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: introductions are in order

Default introductions are in order

Hello everyone, my name is Jeff and I live in Westminster, Ca. I have always been a saltwater fisherman but in the past few months due to health issues brought on by work and my father requesting me to do some trout fishing with him like "in the old days" I have started devoting more time to freshwater. I have been reading through old posts and researching the fishing areas in OC these days. I just wanted to introduce myself and hope to post some reports soon.

Nice to have you aboard.

Are you and your dad gonna focus on just trout, or will you be fishing for cats, stripers, LMB, panfish, etc.?

Welcome to FNN.

Default trout

Quote Originally Posted by one_leg View Post
    Nice to have you aboard.

Are you and your dad gonna focus on just trout, or will you be fishing for cats, stripers, LMB, panfish, etc.?
    We are planning on targetting trout since that is the fish my father grew up catching in Co. and since we went back there this past year for my granmothers passing I think he wants to catch a fish that reminds him of his childhood. I can see the look in his eye when he tells my nephews stories about fishing back when he was a little boy and I would like to be able to give him that memory back. We are sportsman and only practice C&R so our fishing is not for sustenance.

Thanks,
    Jeff

I guess some unlucky anglers are gonna get lucky after all when you and your Pops go fishing.

The local private "Pay Lakes" like Irvine Lake Santa Ana River Lakes, and Laguna Niguel Lake do not allow C&R.

So I guess you'll just have to let some people that are unfortunate enough to get skunked have your fish.

Looking forward to seeing you around.

O_L

Welcome to the boards!

There are lots of places to fish in calif for trout...

but you must hit a deep lake like Diamond for trout in the summer months...or up high like the San Bernardino mountains, such as Gregory, Big Bear, etc.

if you want another fisher along hollar ;)

Welcome to the board Jeff, hope to meet you at Irvine during trout season.

TD

Hola amigo. Welcome.

This time of year, it would probably be best if you broke out your southern Cal map. Look at the head waters of the santa ana river. Pretty country and nice fishing. If you're in really good shape try big bear creek near siberia.

From one SoCal to another.......

Welcome......

SCG7

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast