Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3rd Annual Guys Trip to Bishop/Mammoth

Default 3rd Annual Guys Trip to Bishop/Mammoth

Hi everyone,
    I am not new to the boards but I am new to posting reports, so I am going it my best shot.

We left on thursday the 7th at 5:00 after waiting for friends to show up then we were on the road. we arrived in Bishop with no traffic at 9:45. After a quick stop for a new license and ice we headed up to north lake. We arrived got unlaoded and had our poles in the water by 10:30, and withing the first five minutes my brother and I were bothed hooked up with two nice stockers. Fished for a couple hours and managed to land a total of twenty between the 8 of us. Sorry but I have no pics for this day, and all fish were c&r.

The next day we were up and heading to north lake againg because of our success on thursday. This time my brother and his friend got 15 between them in the first hour and a half. Me and my buddy Bryce got six a piece in the morning. At about noon the alpers truck showed up and stalked some nice ones into little North.... sorry no pics. We kept the ones big enough to clean and headed into town to eat at our favorite restaurant in town, Jack's.

Saturday we decided to go to convict and it was worht it until that notorious wind picked up, but it started blowing really early in the day. Anyways, Caught about ten then it died for a while until Bryce's poll went bendo and the drag was screamin......... it hit hard and turned out to be his PB at 19" and four ponds. We packed up and decided to head up to lake George. Slow late afternoon there but i did catch my first golden trout which was a cool catch.

Got up Sunday and fished just for a few hours landing a few more including three nice little browns only about 9 inches. and called it a short yet fun trip. Went to Schatts Backery for some goodies and hit the road. Overall it was a fun trip getting out with the guys and catching some fish.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mikes trout.jpg 
Views:	358 
Size:	96.9 KB 
ID:	6433   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1468.JPG 
Views:	382 
Size:	43.5 KB 
ID:	6434   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1470 - Copy.JPG 
Views:	312 
Size:	37.3 KB 
ID:	6435   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1473 - Copy.JPG 
Views:	420 
Size:	84.9 KB 
ID:	6436   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1478.JPG 
Views:	461 
Size:	83.3 KB 
ID:	6437  

Last edited by youngfisher22; 08-14-2008 at 03:50 PM.

That was a great first report. Congrats on your catch. The first pic. with trout is a brook trout. Sweet looking trout for sure.

That's a nice trout on the right... good job

Default Shore spot

Where's that shore spot? Is it Rock Creek Lake?

Nice catchin and nice reportin

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by youngfisher22 View Post
    ... by 10:30, and withing the first five minutes my brother and I were bothed hooked up with two nice stalkers.
    Woa, woa, woa, there pardner. If you ever notice anyone following you or watching you or otherwise acting suspicious you should call the police! You don't ever want to 'hook up" with them.

Having said that, great report. Any luck with the stocked fish?

Quote Originally Posted by City Dad View Post
    Woa, woa, woa, there pardner. If you ever notice anyone following you or watching you or otherwise acting suspicious you should call the police! You don't ever want to 'hook up" with them.

Having said that, great report. Any luck with the stocked fish?
    Sorry Stocker my typing program does the corrections for me soory about that but the STOCKED fish were great....

That shoreline is at Convict lake

Nice report...Looks like you had a great time!

SCG7

Quote Originally Posted by billy b View Post
    Where's that shore spot? Is it Rock Creek Lake?

Nice catchin and nice reportin

Thanks
    that looks like convict?

yep thats convict

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast