Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Punta Arenas-La Paz B.C.S.,6/15-6/20/09(w/pics)

Default Punta Arenas-La Paz B.C.S.,6/15-6/20/09(w/pics)

Finally got a chance to clear up my schedule and get back down to LA PAZ for some panga fishing!!have been going the last three years with -THE FISHERMENS FLEET-.these guys are great!!from the time you get off your flight and are waiting for you,till they drop you off at the airport for your departure.Everything is taken care of!!

My beer was going quickly!!Now i know why,this guy was thirsty!

We fished off of Punta Arenas,about a 30 minute drive from downtown La Paz..This is the actual road you take thru the desert mountains!

Once we got there the pangueros were already waiting for us,so we loaded up our panga and headed out!

I was told by some of the guys during the ride that the wahoo's were all over the place the day before, but no one had any luck,just snapped lines!So i decided i wanted to catch my first,and we trolled thru the sunrise for Wahoo!
    We headed out quite a bit passing booies along the way!these are the only pics i got when we were a ways out.

On one trip we stopped at one of the booies and set up a sliced up bonita on a huge hook!this is what we found on the way back!
    HAMMERHEAD SHARK!

My good friend Billy was pullin out some huge fish!Check out this 60-70lb Dorado he brought in.

One day on the way back to our hotel we stopped at the salt beds near the beach,and picked up some sea salt for our cervezas!!

Finally,after a 25-30 minute fight i got my WAHOO!Those fish can fight

it was at 18-19kilos,so thats bout 40lbs!I'll take that!

Billy was on a rampage!!he has been fishing La Paz for over 20 years,and it shows..he fought this one for about 25 minutes.

But it paid off!A huge Amberjack,60-65lbs.

Everyday after we were done the guys with THE FISHERMENS FLEET cleaned up and sealed our fish fillets,ready for the freezer!

Final product!

this video did not want to load onto photobucket so i went thru youtube,check it out!my wahoo getting gutted!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DB3W7xi_2xE
    I dont wanna start on how many fish i lost!!The pargos drove me crazy,they are very hard to get out of the rocks!!Am already planning the big payback on the pargo for August

My final count was 14 good size DORADOS kept!
    1 Hammerhead shark!
    3 Fat Bonita(bait)!
    My first WAHOO!
    And a cooler full of fish
    When i get the rest of the pics from this trip i will post!
    See you guys at the vine for night fishing!!- Primo55.

Awesome report Primo, congrats on the wahoo and fat dodos....very cool pics. It looks like you had a blast!

That wahoo is some seriously good eating, enjoy!

TD
    Last edited by troutdog; 06-22-2009 at 06:11 PM.

Saweet thats why i love Mexico!!! GREAT inshore fishing, Nice towns with great people and great beaches and great fishing again. Thanks for the pics and report i just want to go back over there right now very nice Amber Jack, Bull Dorado and Wahoo. I would like to have you scale for the 40 pound wahoo tho lol j.k. Thanks again for the great report.

Bigred

some beautiful water down there. Big fish too

Great report Primo, looks like you & Billy had a great time in La Paz. Congrats on your first Wahoo & on your Dodo's......

You should have given Billy a better hat to wear (sorry Hitts) when taking pictures lol

awesome report man. I would love to go down there sometime.

Very nice!!!!! I will be down there end of October. Hope the fishing is good after hURRICAINE season......WTG on your nice catches...OFG

Alright man. I gotta go there!!

If you don't mind could you post the cost of some of the things on the trip?
    1) hotel you stayed in
    2) panga
    3) airline ( was it from LAX?)

Thanks alot for the great report!!

dean,just sent you a pm with the info.

Nice job man!! Hey vic, I didnt know you were going to La Paz homie!!! lol

GD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast