Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Yellow Tail Action!! 8-6-08

Default Yellow Tail Action!! 8-6-08

Left the valley around 1 am and headed for Shelter Island. Got to the ramp at 3:30 am and what a zoo. It looked like a weekend. Got two scoops of so so bait and headed to the 302. Trolled the 302 for an hour or so and had two knock downs but nothing stuck. Started to troll to the 371 and found a kelp that produced one yellow a few miles off the 371. About a mile later we cough a few small dodo's that managed to shake the hook out. Put the trollers back out and not a half mile later we come up on a garage door size patty. We bring in the trollers and throw some chum on it to have dorado and yellows come up on it. We get our lines out and we have a triple hook up! It was great having to gaff a fish while holding the rod, I loved it! Broke one of the gaffs, it was a fun first thirty min. We made a few more drifts along this paddy and got nine yellows and one dodo off it. Trolled to the 371 heard a lot of radio talk earlier in the day but it seemed to quiet down once we were trolling out there. We had a couple more knockdowns but nothing stuck, two on the ceader way back in the line, the other on the bars. Trolled the nine on the way in for one more small dorado. Nice day out on the water.

BigReds yellow

Farmy on the light line

Yum!

WTG Paddy!!!

Thanks again for dinner last night! I never new Omar could cook like that...

Awesome job guys, love the pic of BigRed soaking his feet in fish! Thanks for the post, congrats on your nice catch.

TD

WTG!! nice yellows!

YA YA YAA... Kill'em & Grill'em!
    Thanks for the great trip skipper... now lets go again TOMORROW!
    Unless you're scared?

Hate to do it, and I know I will be unpopular for this but have to say it:

10 yellowtail X 20 lbs each + 1 dodo X 10 lbs. 210 lbs of fish for what looks like to two guys.

Senseless slaughter. Could have kept half that amount and still had more fish than you can deal with.

Just another PB'er amongst (what did he say? it looked like a weekend out there) a few hundred on a weekday. Which will be the same for every other weekday and multiplied a few-fold on the weekend. Translation, mutiny and slaughter with a thousand PB'ers doing the same thing almost day in and day out... raping life on the sea.

And you guys say the sport fishing guys don't do a dent compared to the commercials. Well there are so many of you guys plus the party boats, that you (we) do.
    Last edited by SAMIAM; 08-08-2008 at 04:02 PM.

Paddy, great report and pics as well!!!

Lucas is starting to look more and more like you every day since he is losing all his baby fat. Even Farmy is starting to look a lot like you these days. Oh crap, I prolly just ruined any chance I had to get on your boat with you....lol

AND
    I am sure that all that fish will end up be consumed in short order. Nobody elses business what they do out there so long as it is legal. If people don't like the limits as they are, they should contact their legislators, not admonish other anglers on public message boards, IMHO.

I have been eating smoked albacore since every day since I made the last of my fresh steaks into grilled sandwiches. I will be sharing it with others tomorrow as well. Got mine near the 371 and there were still lots and lots of fish there when we left.

One_Leg

come on brother..don't be so quick to jump on them..it looks to me that there were 3 dudes fishing together... not two. it's not like they were out there sprayed the ocean with AR-15 and killed all the yellows out there? fishing's good rightnow..so why not go out there and kill em while they are here?? plus yellows are freakin good to eat no? you mentioned about 210lb of meat for 2 guys( well it's 3 i believe) i mean it's not like they are going to waste them right? they have family members and friends to share it with..or these guys will just eat em all?? i dont know?? who knows? who cares?? yes it is none of our business..i understand where you are coming from but dude..i think you got it all twisted with eco system, raping life on the ocean slaughter whatever.. just relax bro..this is an outstanding fishing report and enjoy it for what it is..no need to jump on your keyboard to ruin the guys fun. if seeing pics and reports of outstanding fish slay really bothers you..i recommend you stop clicking on salt water reports section..relax and have a beer..enjoy your weekend too!

Just because it's legal doesn't make it the right thing.

A long time ago, it was legal to enslave people.

It's American to question what's legal and what is not and what one should act even within the confines of the law.

The legislators and politicians don't give as much of a **** as you think. They are not in the business of making the world a better place with change like Barack Obama. And personally, I just think he's a big egomaniac anyway but probably a better choice than McCain.

But lawmakers and politicians are in the business of staying in business and they stay in business through donations and lobbying which are made primarily by companies, in our case the fisheries.

They are blinded by the money because it is their job to keep their jobs and money helps it.

Just because it's legal doesn't mean its right. It just means you won't go to jail.

There is human law and there is universal law. The universal laws of mother nature should also be heeded by man.

Quote Originally Posted by SAMIAM View Post
    Hate to do it, and I know I will be unpopular for this but have to say it:

10 yellowtail X 20 lbs each + 1 dodo X 10 lbs. 210 lbs of fish for what looks like to two guys.

Senseless slaughter. Could have kept half that amount and still had more fish than you can deal with.

Just another PB'er amongst (what did he say? it looked like a weekend out there) a few hundred on a weekday. Which will be the same for every other weekday and multiplied a few-fold on the weekend. Translation, mutiny and slaughter with a thousand PB'ers doing the same thing almost day in and day out... raping life on the sea.

And you guys say the sport fishing guys don't do a dent compared to the commercials. Well there are so many of you guys plus the party boats, that you (we) do.
    Senseles slaughter? hows that so? it would be senseless slaughter if they caught more that theyre limit and then just threw the fish away. You cant sit there and act all PETA on someone cause they are choosing to keep their limit of fish. If you dont like what people are reporting, then simply dont reply and move on to the next report. Thats just my 2cents.

Farmy,Paddy, and Red
    Good job out there pirates, looks like you guys had a blast and THATS whats its all about! ill be over at your house later today to pick up some fillets....lol...jk...

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast