Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Halftime Report, South lake and surrounding areas.

Default Halftime Report, South lake and surrounding areas.

Well, I've been working hard here at Parchers and fishing 29384 times as hard. Alot of things have happened since the last report that I posted. The 57 event, multiple stockings, and even more fish. I have lost count of the alpers that I have caught thus far. I dont bother keeping track of the stockers/dinks that I have caught since I have been up here, it must be somewhere in the hundreds.. as far as browns and brookies, they are in the dozens (not quite the hundreds yet =P) Anywho, the fishing has been on fire, with few dry periods. Alpers everywhere, in fact..today JULY 15th, Alpers were dumped into South Lake, and to top it off, DFG dumps 450 pounds of fish in South lake WEEKLY, so you would imagine.. fishing is RED HOT. I really don't know what else to say, but pictures are worth a thousand words. 90% of all the fish we catch are released to fight and bite another day. The other 10% were to feed me =P All fish caught on Powerworms or Minijigs or SHINY METAL- haha

*note* not all fish are pictured.

DINK-

We named all the alpers in Weir pond one day, this one is Dan.

A bunch of 1 lb alpers in Weir

This is Donna

Ralph

Kenny

No comment- fish caught on a Lip Ripper, << which I don't like using.

One day, I decided I'd try out the big bait theory (big bait, big fish). I was huckin' a Krocadile that has been sitting in my tackle box for at least 6 years and I ripped an alpers lip.. take a close look.

This brookie hit my Kroc!!

Jared's younger brother Lane and Josh (i think thats his name lol) with a nice 2 1/2 lbr

One weekend my cousin came up to visit with a couple of his friends and Ryguy and I took them on a guided trip to Weir Pond. Everyone got on fish, these were just the ones we kept.

On one of our days off, Ryguy and I hit up Convict lake (OVER-RATED!!) and got 15 little guys in a couple hours.. talk about SLOW. Anyway, i got this 1/2 trout??- little stubbs??

A 2 lbr outta Weir

Solid 4 lbr out of South Lake- this one was kept because Alpers are the biggest wimp fish ever after you land them, I tried reviving him but he just wouldn't go.

This lunker tipped the scale at 5.12-tried releasing this one, but he wouldn't go. I spent a good 10 minutes reviving him.

And this was the latest alper caught, a 3 1/2 lbr, caught it on Sunday morning. The weather has been lame and rainy, so I've been inside.

Hope you enjoyed the Half-Time report, more lunkers shall be slain!!! =D

AWESOME REPORT GUYS , NICE PICS , I would like to head up there this summer .

Nice pics... Nice to have the stocking report so you can go fish right when they stock...Wier pond you can actually see what your fishing for... lol what's the deal with the alpers? some of them have nice tails but it looks like half of them are clipped off?? Thanks for pics... enjoy your time up there while you can :D

B/C

Nice job! We didn't end up with anything that big on our trip. Nonetheless any time spent up there is always priceless.

That looks like an awesome time up there. Now I know what area to hit up first when I go up the at the end of the month. Can't wait. I'm jealous Jeff, I wish I could be there right now.

Default sweetness

good job up there jeff, hope you enjoyed the little present i left u up there, when u get back home were gonna have to hit pyramid and castaic, my bro in law still has a hard on from watching ryan catch those monster fish during the event. talk to u soon man

I'll be back up soon, but I'm stayin' away from Bishop Creek Cayon.. headed north to Virginia lakes and Upper/Lower twin, Thanks for those pics, noice fish!

Quote Originally Posted by Fish-n-ScubaGuy View Post
    good job up there jeff, hope you enjoyed the little present i left u up there, when u get back home were gonna have to hit pyramid and castaic, my bro in law still has a hard on from watching ryan catch those monster fish during the event. talk to u soon man
    Hey Onyx, thanks alot for the present. It was DELICIOUS-thourghougly enjoyed it.

When we get back, we are giong to hit up Pyramid and Castaic for sure, We hear its just going off!!!

Thanks for sharing the pictures of the Dinks! You brokeback buddies need to learn how to fish the big game species! Ill show you when I come round Parchers sometime in the near future... good fishing to you

Awesome report!

Guess I'm not the only one who doesn't like the Lip Ripperz.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast