Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: 2 Days in June Lake 8/4-8/6

Default 2 Days in June Lake 8/4-8/6

My parents took my wife and I for a last-minute trip to June Lake for a little trout fishing. The area was surprisingly uncrowded for summer compared to what I remember in past trips.

First stop: Silver Lake

1st catch on Silver Kastmaster..released

That evening we tried Gull Lake on the side opposite the marina.

Hook-up on a yellow coachdog rooster-tail...gave this one to a guy fishing with his daughter with a Dora the Explorer pole.

Next morning we tried a favorite spot at the top of Tioga Pass, Ellery Lake.

The views were great and the fish were present(you could see them swimming in the clear water when the sun broke through the clouds); but they weren't too interested in the lures or bait. The only catch was on a bubble with a mosquito fly attached with a 4-foot 1lb. test leader.

Last stop that afternoon was back at Silver Lake. Two fish were caught, one with a gold Kastmaster and the other with a Dardevle Spoon:

It was a real fun trip. We managed to catch enough to have one good trout dinner. Next time I would get a two-pole stamp, and have powerbait soaking while I use lures and give Salmon eggs a try for the picky fish at Ellery Lake. On a side-note, my parents stayed at Reversed Creek Lodge and got us a cabin across the street at Fern Creek Lodge. Reversed Creek Lodge is cleaner, newer, and much more comfortable. The cabin we stayed in at Fern Creek looked like it hadn't been renovated since the 20's...

Legacy1

Pretty cool you're gettin them on some different lures...Silver lake has some big ones in there if you can get past that ledge, it goes out pretty far before it drops off

Quote Originally Posted by legacy1 View Post
    Dardevle Spoon:

Legacy1
    I have that same lure and I was wondering if it was worth any thing.

Good job on the trout!

Congrats on your catch and thanks for the report & pics.

nice prizes.. looks like the weather was cool

That was pretty cool man!!!

Cool, someone I met at twin lakes said that he was there on wednesday morning and the fishing sucked. Nice catch.

Daredevil spoon ? Wow have not seen one of those in years .. Nice report.

Quote Originally Posted by tpfishnfool View Post
    Daredevil spoon ? Wow have not seen one of those in years .. Nice report.
    You don't hear much about the Daredevil anymore, they were all the rage, years back. Nice fish and Pics!

SCG7

Exclamation

Nice report and pics......... LOVE the old school DareDevil....... they musta sold a billion of those things and they still work as good as most any spoon on the market today! Nice job!