Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Whats a good recipe for salmon

Quote Originally Posted by one_leg View Post
    Applewood Smoked.
    Smoked is my favorite.

When you smoke it, what size of papers do you use ???

SMOKE that **** it is good brown sugar and soy sauce.

Bigred

Quote Originally Posted by Skyler View Post
    This is the best salmon/trout recipe I have tried, and I've tried a lot...

Take some cream cheese, some parmesan, a bit of garlic powder, some lemon pepper, and some chopped frozen spinach, and mix them all into a paste. The amount you make will depend on how much fish you are cooking, and the individual measurments will vary by tastes, but you generally want the cream cheese and spinach to be the boss. Fillet the fish, debone it, and stuff the fillets with the filling by putting a scoop on the fillet and rolling it up around the filling and turning it upside down. If the fish is large, you can slice the fillets thinner. Before cooking, rub a small amount of cooking oil on the fish and place it on a cookie sheet or oven-safe dish, then bake at 285-300 degrees for about 30 minutes. When done, squeeze a bit of lemon on it and you're set. Practically melts in your mouth, he he he. If you wanna try an even better version, add some diced artichoke hearts to the filling. Avocado works well too, :wink: Tight lines.

this is actually a really good recipe. i have a similar one, pretty much the same ingrediants but with avacado. the cream cheese is what makes it taste explosive. try this recipe out... you'll love it

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky70 View Post
    When you smoke it, what size of papers do you use ???
    For some reason, I always have a hard time keeping it lit.

Simple recipe, old bay seasoning and garlic salt. grill skin side down until flakey. Just cooked some of the salmon i caught in alaska tonight.delicious. will have to try some of the others i read here though.

O-L,

What size papers do I get when smoking Apple-wood?

Place your favorite seasonings (dill, rosemary, etc..) on your salmon fillet and then grill it on a cedar plank. Cedar plank salmon (or trout) is food from the gods. Best salmon grilling technique by far.

Later,
    Scott

Here's a simple one:

2 teaspoons pesto
    1 tsp extra virgin olive oil (Popeye is O.K. with it)
    2,3,4 cloves of fresh, minced garlic - based on whether you like garlic.

Spread on your filet, bake or BBQ.

Oh, yea, add a few slabs of butter between the aluminun foil and the skin of the filet.

Japo

BBL2BAJA: oh yea...planking is great!

Here's another way, a bit fancier:

FNN member "spiceguy" turned me on to this one a long time ago. After doing a bunch of times, I've changed it a bit to fit my taste, but the basic idea is Spiceguy's. It's a surefire crowd pleaser:

Go to market and get a can of "filo" (phyllo/filo) dough. Using a rolling pin, roll out a bunch of 6 or 7 inch squares. Place a 2 to 3 inch cube of salmon in the middle. Season, squeeze some lemon juice, maybe some chopped fresh parsley & garlic, and a thin slab of butter. Wrap it up into a airtight pouch. Lightly brush the outside with melted butter.

Set oven at 350, bake it until outside is golden. Usually takes 30 minutes or so in my oven.

Voila!

*I've made mini-ones for "amuse bouches" with wine, or slightly larger ones for flat out appetizers. I don't recommend making a huge one (like Calzone size) as the bottom part of the dough will get mushy. This recipe works good for trout (heavy seasoning and filling helps though), and I would like to try this with striper (I think striper would do well this style).

You can do thin chicken breast this way too!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12