Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: 7/2 Turlock Lake 7/3 Lopez Lake

Default 8/2 Turlock Lake 8/3 Lopez Lake

Went up to see if I could draw a spot for a duck blind. Had 2 hours to kill so we fished from shore for trout and stuff. My daughter on her first cast throws out a chartreuse mini-jig and her rod doubles over like a horseshoe and she's telling me see can't see her bobber, I tell her to wind down and she says "oh yea!!'. By then It did several headshakes and unbuttons. . End of fishing story we never got another hookup or bite. Next day we get up at my bro's house in San Francisco at 3:00am and head down to Lopez lake. Got there at 7:00am , picked up bait and was set up for shore fishing by 7:30am. Gorgeous clear morning till 9:00am and by then it was blowing gale force class 2. Good thing we forgone the halibut drift trip we originally planned in Morro bay. We fished till 3:30pm and picked away at some really nice redears. For every 4-5 potato chip sized ones we'd get a bull. We went thru 3 tubs of bait and kept 15 of the larger fish. For a 1/2 hour period we hooked up on every cast. The kids were having a ball. We used a drop shot rig with 2lb flurocarbon and a #12 hook. Great weekend until we hit traffic in santa Barbara on the way home.
    Last edited by Sac au Lait; 08-07-2008 at 02:56 PM. Reason: wrong date

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Sac au Lait View Post
    Went up to see if I could draw a spot for a duck blind. Had 2 hours to kill so we fished from shore for trout and stuff. My daughter on her first cast throws out a chartreuse mini-jig and her rod doubles over like a horseshoe and she's telling me see can't see her bobber, I tell her to wind down and she says "oh yea!!'. By then It did several headshakes and unbuttons. . End of fishing story we never got another hookup or bite. Next day we get up at my bro's house in San Francisco at 3:00am and head down to Lopez lake. Got there at 7:00am , picked up bait and was set up for shore fishing by 7:30am. Gorgeous clear morning till 9:00am and by then it was blowing gale force class 2. Good thing we forgone the halibut drift trip we originally planned in Morro bay. We fished till 3:30pm and picked away at some really nice redears. For every 4-5 potato chip sized ones we'd get a bull. We went thru 3 tubs of bait and kept 15 of the larger fish. For a 1/2 hour period we hooked up on every cast. The kids were having a ball. We used a drop shot rig with 2lb flurocarbon and a #12 hook. Great weekend until we hit traffic in santa Barbara on the way home.

Sounds like your daughter had a nice fish on the line... NEXT TIME SHE'LL NAB IT!

Man, I love fishing for them "Shellcrackers" (Redear)... the big ones can really pull hard on the ultralights! Thanks for sharing the report!

Got any pics of Turlock Lake?