Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I See Your Legal Halibut... and Raise You a Legal White Sea Bass! Sunday 8/3/08

Master, teach me!!!

See you at the Legends get together Art. My first Team57 event.

Way to go Wingnut!!!!
    I think there was never a doubt that you would catch one (WSB) from the surf, the question was when. Now how about a yellowtail or something else rediculous. You are the man indeed!!

Joe

Awesome job getting your 1st legal wsb Arthur......I've said it before and I'll say it again "you da man"! Look forward to your next adventure and seeing you towards the end of the month.

TD

hate to break it to you bud, but that fish is actually a short -you and everyone else have to be VERY careful when measuring fish you have to make SURE the mouth is CLOSED and measure to the Fork of the tail on WSB ( don't want anyone getting a fine ).
    ....but it still is a hell of a nice catch
    Congrats!
    Last edited by kichigai1; 08-04-2008 at 03:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by e-cat View Post
    Hi Wingnut- I was the third party at your first spot this morning (in the green Yak). Actually I have been around for a few of you past Halibut sessions over the last few weeks- Watching from a slightly deeper depth curve (have been trying not to crowd you guys)! I scratched a few a little deeper outside you guys today then went around the point and got into them a bit more consistently once I found some clean water- It was a bit slower for me this sunday, but it has been quite a run in that spot right? ! I even managed a nice legal on a Sammy in Metalic Sardine a few weeks back, on the surface!- Anyway, wanted to say I enjoy your posts with pics from the surfzone, and what a fine looking Sea Bass from further north. Keeps me pumped till the next session- Best Regards-
    Steve
    Wingnut,

Once again very nice Wingnut. My friend and I fished that same area where you caught your sebass last week (Sunday the week before). Posiden was not showing much love for us that day. He did provide us with the all you can eat salad bar at every spot we fished that day. Glad to see you were well rewarded for your efforts.

e-cat

I think I saw you out there last week. I was fishing the beach with my buddy and there was a guy in a green kayak fishing drifting the beach. I used to that area and spots north of there by boat all the time. The fishing was great up there was great. I've been kayaking fishing for about 8 years and I when I fish the kayak I mostly fish malibu and PV. I have always wanted to take the kayaks up there to fish. If you ever want someone to fish with let me know.

JerryG

Default Seabass

nice sea bass art, we were looking for those around chinese harbour at santa cruz island but they werent around,calicos and rockfish the halibuts were hiding too,,,T/O

Nice job Arthur! Way to go on the seabass! Nice arsenal of equipment you have there. Lunas, Calcuttas, etc. You can open up a shop! ;-)

Default surface fishing

hey wingnut you have got it going on, maybe next year the boy and i could get together with you for some lessons we will see you at the party if everything goes all right.
    thanks for the report.
    thanks andy

nice catch slaying them like always

nice report the pictures are great and congrats on the croaker

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast