Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Freelancer 3/4 Day 7-14

Default Freelancer 3/4 Day 7-14

Late post but wanted to share this momentous occasion. This was an exciting trip for these reasons:
    1) Went on the Icon a week before with Dan Hernandez and did terrible- really fun trip with free goodies, my dad won an ugly stick, but no fish
    2) My Dad and I each caught 7 Sand Bass
    3) First time I've caught Sand Bass (intentionally)
    4) Felt like I finally got my money's worth for the gear I have been buying (wife has been making fun of me)
    5) My wife and I cooked our fish and made nalga kicking tacos!

I would like to thank the following: Sav-On Tackle, Dan Hernandez Fish Batter, my wife, Cerveza Pacifico, Gigante Supermarket, and my Dad.
    Last edited by brownloveshark; 07-29-2008 at 02:46 PM.

Very nice!

How was the crew?

What were the other passengers like, Weekend Warriors, Experienced Anglers?

Thanks for the post.

O_L

The crew was ok-amongst the anglers there were a few that knew what they were doing and there was one guy that I would have called "El Rey" or King of the day. He was hooking on cuda, one after another when the rest of us looked like a bunch of turds.

Hi brownloveshark,

WTG on the fishing and getting into the circut. I'd fish those Sand Bass hard just to make sure I could do it consistantly for the migration .... if it comes. Nothing like catching fish for a confidence builder.

JapanRon