Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Team 57 goes to Colorado!

Default Team 57 goes to Colorado!

Okay, maybe only one T57 member....but hey, we got to represent however we can!!

So far this summer has been pretty fishy for me. Did a little high Sierras troutin' with the gang, a little deep blue tuna action, some cattin' with the Irviners, and now back to my first love: high country trouting!

Here's a few pics of the "haps" so far out here in Pagosa Springs, Colorado. To date, I've pretty much limited myself to the local lakes (in particular Hatcher lake where out house is located) as my father has me doing all sorts of wacky house projects.

The highlight so far has been watching the old man catch the nice trout, while I can't seem to catch anything really worthy of a T57 photo op. In particular, we went up to a local reservoir, got caught in a nice storm, and as soon as the rain/lightning dies down, we got lucky (I really should say my Dad got lucky) and caught what we joked was a "sampler platter" of trout: 1 koke, 1 bow, and 1 speckled.

Next week, with house projects finished, I promise some better pics, and hopefully a river cuttie or two, a kamloop (God willing) and perhaps a better picture of a koke.

Here's the pics, and some wildlife I've been running across. Until then, see you all at LEGENDS II !!!!

(Note the old school Mepps my Dad still pitches....maybe I should take notes since he's been doing all the noteworthy catching so far!!)

Irvine & SARL really ought to order some triploided kokes....best tasting fish around!!

This guy lives in the canyon below our house, and this is probbly the first time I've been able to get a somewhat good pic of him (or her??). Really spooky critter, and always on the lookout.

No lack of these in the neighborhood. Come fall season, they suddenly dissapear until hunting season is over. The mystery of mother nature....

Nice Rich. Wish I was trout fishing up there. Enjoy. Take lessons from your Dad.

Thanks for the report and pics.

Nice way to go out there Rich thanks for the pics and report looks like your dad can still school you at fishing.lol keep it up out there

Bigred

Thanks Troutman & Big Red. Yep, the old man will surprise me every once in a while. I think he is just more patient than I am. I'll switch up after a dozen casts or so, but he'll persist and work the lure to death until he's convinced it's no good that day for that particular lure.

Here's a few more pics.

The perch and crappie are from 2 days ago when I was goofing around Village Lake which is a couple miles down the road. There's a ton of these perch around, and they are tasty (if you have the patience to fillet 20 or so). Every winter they have a big "perch-a-thon" when the lakes are frozen over. It's a big deal with the local Pagosa Private Owners Association, and it helps reduce the population.

About an hour or so ago, I was at Hatcher Lake, and C&R'd 3 mid-size rainbow on a beaded black wooly. Nothing of size, until I ran into this bad boy who nailed my black rooster tail, which I had put on to get a little more casting distance. This one is scheduled for dinner as an appetizer.

Here's a slimmer C&R'd one that also hit the black roostertail.

Some views of Hatcher

I thought I would add this pic I took yesterday of a black cub (born around Jan this year they believe per the animal shelter) that was found around these parts.

Hopefully tomorrow I'll have some true mountain pics, and something a little more interesting than local lake rainbows. The highlands here remind me of the Sierras.....or vice versa!!

Great pics Sansou.
    I think I saw that bear in the creek a few weeks back.

Hey ... im going to Fort Collins , CO in the fall and cant wait !
    Your report has me drooling

Omg im so jelous i want to go to colerado

Wow, that's awesome Rich... that's some good stuff right there!

Great pics Rich, I know you've got more Mepps than anyone in CO....

Nice looking trout!

SCG7

Default Colorado

MAN SANSOU, YOU MAKE ME JEALOUS EVRYTIME YOU GO THERE, I LIVED THERE IN THE SEVENTYS FOR A COUPLE YEARS AND I LOVE THE THE FISH UP IN THE RIVERS WHERE BEAUTIFUL,JUST LIKE THE ONES YOU CAUGHT,,,,,bob

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast