Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: '87 Sea Ray 17' Open Bow needs work

Default '87 Sea Ray 17' Open Bow needs work 115 HP $1,000

I am going to go ahead and sell my boat as I have been unable to fish for several months due to work. I dont see the situation improving for a few years and since I am paying storage fees, I have decided to turn it over to someone who will enjoy it.

My last time out, it would not start (click click). My friend who is more mechanically inclined than I am said it's the starter solinoid (sp?). I have owned it for over 2 years and I have had ZERO problems with it. I have taken it out over 50 times to Castaic and have it stored up there. It has (2) 2yr old batteries that always stay charged.

Some of the upholstery could use replacement, but since we just fished on it that seemed pointless. Trailer is fine, but it needs a new crank that lifts it up to your tow hitch. You can buy a bolt on for the tongue cheap.

It has a 2 stroke Mercury 115 hp outboard and goes in the mid 40's. I have taken my grown sons skiing a couple of times and it pulled them up no sweat. The trim/tilt works fine.

It has a yearly pass for Castaic thru Oct. and registration for boat and trailer are all current. I have pink slips.

I have no pics of it as I have only taken pics INSIDE the boat.

It needs to have a service done on it because its been a while.

I bought a new Bimini top last summer and a new cover 2 years ago.

Ok, that's all I can think of to tell you. You can see it at the storage in Castaic if serious. I am selling it as is and at this price I never want to hear about it again.

First $1,000 takes it. PM if interested.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Wassup; 07-16-2008 at 06:40 PM.

really help if you could throw some pics up.......

The boat is sold.