Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Fishing Canada's Pigeon Lake

Default Fishing Canada's Pigeon Lake

Took a vacation to Canada, not expecting to fish, but my cousins took me to bass pro up there, ended up buying the sahara 2500 on sale for $48, and a Rapala DT10 Paired it with a basic Ugly stick. Hit up the cottage 2 hours away and fished.

We caught a total of about 25-30 fish. Species were Largemouth, many smallmouths, yellow perch, bluegill, pumpkinseed, rock bass, and one MUSKIE!!!! (which I didn't catch)

I won't bother will the panfish but here's a few of the bass and the Muskie

All fish were C&R, except for one that we had to kill when the hook popped out both eyes (tiny rock bass)

Last edited by a biley; 07-16-2008 at 01:02 PM.

Also since I am fairly new to fishing, I was under the impression that these fish were LMB, but they kept telling me these are Smallmouths. what are they?

Way to go on the big perch.

Those look like largemouths to me.

Good job.

Quote Originally Posted by one_leg View Post
    Way to go on the big perch.

nice job on the LMB's those are some weird looking large mouths!! short and stocky...nice PIKE!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zombie Bass ATTACK View Post

nice job on the LMB's those are some weird looking large mouths!! short and stocky...nice PIKE!!
    yeah, the record in the lake for LMB is only 10 lbs. And thats a muskie i believe not a pike. Dark pattern on light body