Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mansfield, Georgia 7-7 through 7-12

It was hot and very humid out there.

And there was a thunderstorm just about every day.
    Last edited by KaliDawgFan; 07-14-2008 at 11:02 AM.

Bluehunter,
    The temp fluctuated between 85 and 95 degrees but the humidity was between 90 and 100 everyday which made it miserable. We'd sweat just sitting there. The intermittant rains would cool it down about 10 degrees or so but it wouldn't last too long.

OFG,
    My mom made a blueberry cobbler the first day we got there. I think I ate about 3/4 of the thing myself.

_Bullets
    Last edited by bullets_full; 07-14-2008 at 11:42 AM.

NICE CATCH,ILL B GOIN DOWN TO FAYETTEVILLE,GA NEXT MONTH,HOPEFULLY ILL B GOING FISHIN WITH MY DAD AND SON .... THATS IF ITS NOT 2 HOT!!!!!! hope i do as good as u.

You boys are getting so spoiled! Those are some healthy slabs and kitties you got there.

Greg and Ryan, your parents have a real beautiful home there.
    I am glad you guys got to to go spend some time with them.

Did you guys set out some rods and troll from the lil' paddle wheeler?
    You know me, I just love to troll. Way up north they catch 9 bullheads for every northern they catch while trolling.
    They don't even call them catfish until they reach 10 lb.s.
    But they are pretty much considered a trash fish like most people around here feel about carp.
    They say they are too mushy and taste really muddy in the summertime.

Those sure are some nice looking sunfish. I bet they pulled real hard!!!

Thanks for the report, you guys.

O_L

Yes Alan, we used the paddleboat to troll. The bluegills did pull like mad. Too bad the were caught on my heavier setup. It would've been awesome to land them on light tackle.

Thanks for the pictorial vacation story...very very nicely done! Looks like a pretty serene place. Very pretty out there. It's gonna be tough on you guys fishing the typical SoCal lakes after spending some time down there... ha ha!!

Quote Originally Posted by sansou View Post
    Thanks for the pictorial vacation story...very very nicely done! Looks like a pretty serene place. Very pretty out there. It's gonna be tough on you guys fishing the typical SoCal lakes after spending some time down there... ha ha!!

Yeah your right, it's going to be hard to adjust when you get back... It took me a while as well... LOL what do you think your neighbors would have done if you stole their confederate flag??? LOL Nice report guys

B/C

Bullets, kalidawg,

Man that had to be a fun trip and that is some beautiful scenery around that area. Did it ever cross your minds to stay a whiloe longer. I'd like to see that area sometime.

Thanks for all the pics.

Those are some mighty big panfish!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast