Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mansfield, Georgia 7-7 through 7-12

Default Mansfield, Georgia 7-7 through 7-12

This is not much of a report being that it was on a private lake in the middle of nowhere that my aunt and my sister had property on. I thought I'd share the pics we took of the trip though. Myself, Kalidawg and a buddy of ours caught well over 100 fish over the course of the past week.

We started out at this private pond just across the street from my parent's house. We caught a ton of small gills and a couple short bass here but didn't take any pics that day.
    Private pond:

My folks house:

We later on went to Silver Lake in the afternoon and after a really good afternoon of fishing, we never went back to the pond across the street.

WARNING! (My 80 something year old aunt keeps a loaded shotgun for tresspassers)

A few shots of the lake:

A pic of my aunts house from her dock:

Kali was absolutely killing the large gills. The smallest were around 10 ounces and the largest weighed in at 15 ounces. I tried to beat his record for biggest gill but only managed to tie it with one of my own:

My buddy Erik managed a large gill of his own.

The rest of the pictures were taken over the coarse of the next few days but are not in any particular order:

I named this guy "Davy Jones". He was the only one-eyed catfish I caught:

Default Pics and report continued...........

"I'm bringing sexy backk", FNN style:

My niece Kayla on a bendo of her first bass hooked and landed all by herself on a Rapala Shadrap:

Proud Pops with one of his own.

The catfish in this lake were either very confused or very hungry. My buddy Erik caught one on a bass plug that broke off by the boat and later caught one over by the damn on a spinner bait that broke off also. He managed to land one later in the week off the dock on a plastic worm. I caught one on a Rapala shaprap that we got pictures of:

A few other misc. pics:

Default And still continued.........

Out of the hundreds of bass caught they were all about this size:

Funny story about this next picture. On Wednesday (i think), I put a nightcrawler on my ultralight pole, threw it out and left it soaking as me and my buddy went trolling a lap around the lake for bass. I was very unpleased to find that when we returned, my pole was no longer where I left it on the dock. I was sooooo pissed! My buddy left to go back to the house and I stayed to fish the rest of the afternoon. After a few hours, I get a bite on my bass pole and as I'm reeling it in, it gets wrapped around a line in the water. SWEET! I land the bass, get my ultralight back and the catfish that had dragged it off of the dock.

Later that same night, I think I see my ultralight getting tapped but am unsure as my eyesight is bad. Sure enough, I see the pole get pulled into the water out of my makeshift poleholder. Without thinking, I dive in and grab the pole before it gets out of reach. My buddy took a pic of it as if it was a prized fish:

And lastly, I just had to take a pic of the most redneck looking joint down the block from my folks house:

Thanks for the read...enjoy!

_Bullets

Bullets pretty much covered the trip. The fishing was awesome. When we would get to the lake in the morning the bass bite would be awesome. When they stopped biting the big bluegills would start hitting. When the bluegills stopped the catfish started hitting. I was hoping to get a new PB LMB and catfish for the trip, but it wasn't meant to be. I did get my PB bluegill though. Those monsters fought like banshees!

They were red ears. We just call all brim bluegills. Wind chimes are huge out there. Erik and I hit up an Ace Hardware out there and saw this HUGE wind chime that probably weighed 70 pounds lol.

How was the humidity down there? I will likely be there for a few weeks early august and will try some of the rivers like the coosa, ocmulgee or altamaha for some flats. Always good to fish the private ponds there its a lot of fun. Also looking forward to some boiled green peanuts that I feast on everytime I am down there.

Nice redears and breams BTW

great read and pics guys, makes me kinda Ga homesick. Killer brim u got there, those suckers taste so great fried up!!!!...............Bluehunter, love those boiled peanuts too, I have to settle for the canned ones out here. Have them mailed to me from there. Nothing beats a big ol washtub of boiled blue crab, washtub of green boiled peanuts and all the beer u can handle to was them down. For dessert..........homemade blackberry cobbler......have more fun guys and see u when u get back. Saving up for the next royal flush......OFG

I get the canned ones as well sometimes sent or brought here when moms comes back and forth. Also the excellent sausage and smoked salted ham hocks as well for seasoning my green beans and greens sometimes. I love Ga. Wish we had the piggly wiggly stores here. Nothings also beats that swig of moonshine from there as well.LOL

Was just in GA fishing at Lake Blackshear... Boy I wish I had 1/10th fishing production you guys had...
    Great report and pics!
    Thanks
    BW

Those are some beautiful shellcracker and brim. Looks like you had a blast.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast