Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Please Nominate Wendy Tochihara ASAP For MLPA So. Cal. RSG

Default Please Nominate Wendy Tochihara ASAP For MLPA So. Cal. RSG

Hi All,

Please sign my petition at
    http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/MLPA-SC-RSG-2853/

This petition is to nominate me to represent the fishing industry,
    recreational anglers, concerned citizens, business owners, employees
    etc...for the MLPA's Southern California Region Stakholder Group
    position.

Please forward to everyone you know and ask them to sign ASAP.

Sincerely,

Wendy Tochihara

Default About the Marine Life Protection Act & Marine Protected Areas

WHAT ARE Marine Protected Areas (MPAs): To Protect or conserve marine life and habitat.

STATE MARINE RESERVE: It is unlawful to injure, damage, take, or possess any living, geological, or cultural marine resource, except under a permit or specific authorization from the managing agency for research, restoration, or monitoring purposes. While to the extent feasible, the area shall be open to the public for managed enjoyment and study, the area shall be maintained to the extent practicable in an undisturbed and unpolluted state. ACCESS ANDUSE for activities such as walking, swimming, boating, and diving may be restricted to protect resources. Research, restoration, and monitoring may be permitted by the managing agency. Educational activities and other forms of nonconsumtive human use may be permitted by the designating entity or managing agency in a manner consistent with the protection of all marine resources. {PROHIBITS ALL EXTRACTIVE ACTIVITIES}

STATE MARINE PARK: it is unlawful to injure, damage, take, or possess any living or nonliving marine resource for commercial exploitation purposes. Any Human use that would compromise protection of the species of interest, natural community or habitat, or geological, cultural, or recreational freatures, may be restricted by the designating entity or managing agency. All other uses are allowed, including scientific collection with a permit, research, monitoring, and public recreation, including recreational harvest, unless otherwise restricted. Public use, enjoyment, and education are encouraged, in a manner consistent with protecting resource values. {PROHIBITS ALL COMMERCIAL EXTRACTIVE ACTIVITIES AND POTENTIALLY SOME RECREATION ACTIVITES}

STATE MARINE CONSERVATION AREA: It is unlawful to injure, damage, take, or possess any living, geological, or cultural marine resouce for commercial or recreational purposes, or a combination of commercial and recreational purposes, that the designating entity or managing agency determines would compromise protection of the species of interest, natural community, habitat, or geological features. The designing entity or managing agency may permit research, education, and recreational activities, and certain commercial and recreational harvest of marine resources. {LIMITS RECREATIONAL AND/OR COMMERCIAL EXTRACTIVE ACTIVITIES}

Marine Life Protection Act (MLPA) was signed into law in 1999 and directs the state to redesign California's system of marine protected areas (MPAs)to increase its coherence and its effectiveness at protecting the states's marine life, habitat, and ecosystems.

Implementation of the MLPA Initiative's South Coast Project will be carried out by a set of public and private partners. These partners includes stakeholders and the general public.

Stakeholders include: General Public, Ocean industries, including commercial fishing, Ocean recreation, including diving, sport fishing, whale-watching, Conservation groups, Educational and research institutions, Other government agencies, Hotels, Restaraunts, Retail stores, Business owners and Employees.

This means that the listed Stakeholders above will be greatly effected economically and recreationally.

As a member of the MLPA South Coast Regional Stakeholder Group I will:

1) Bring first-hand knowledge and perspective to bear on the marine resources of the
    MLPA South Coast Study Region.
    2) Balance a south coast regional perspective with localized knowledge.
    3) Will express fundamental interests and clearly convey the interests of the above listed
    stakeholders.
    4) Will work collaboratively, seeking to integrate the interests of the full range of
    constituancies.
    5) Access and use an effective communication network to reach stakeholders not
    attending the public meeting, and
    6) I will be committed to completing all aspects of the charge of the regional stakeholder
    group.

Could you please explain to me why I should nominate you?

Quote Originally Posted by bsp View Post
    Could you please explain to me why I should nominate you?
    Because she loves us so much...

I might be inclined to nominate you if you can get the sport fishery for abalone opened again down south.

If you like it I'll share some with you after my first trip.

Default re: Please Sign Petition To Nominate Wendy Tochihara RE: MLPA SCRSG

I am a single mom with a huge passion for fishing, my girls love it too! I am the National Sales Manager for a local fishing line company and a private boater who fishes recreationally as well as competitively. On a regular basis I visit tackle stores, give seminars and talk to many different stakeholder groups in this region. I can be heard on the air and via the Internet every Sunday night on Rod & Reel Radio as one of the co-hosts of the show.
    I fish along our southern California coast, talk to fishermen/women, captains, deckhands, surfers, kayakers, boaters, non boaters, tackle store owners, employees, manufacturers and conservationists every day. I will bring first-hand knowledge and perspective to the MLPA South Coast Study Region, without a doubt I will express clearly the interests of the listed stakeholders and will work collaboratively, seeking to integrate the interests of the full range of constituencies. I am an open minded individual with many different interests and willing to hear all sides of an issue. My petition will show a diverse group of stakeholders who have confidence that I will be able to convey their interests; I will be committed to completing all aspects of the charge of the regional stakeholder group.

PROFESSIONAL ORGANIZATIONS

President, Chuck Byron Memorial Youth Art Foundation, Member: Screen Actors Guild, BASS, Saltwater Bass Anglers, WON Bass, American Bass, South Bay Lady Anglers, Angler’s Choice, El Segundo Douglas Rod & Gun Club, Manzanar School Reunion Committee, United Angler’s of Southern California, American Sportfishing Association

Wendy

Wendy,

You got my vote.....along with Alan (formerly of Fishermans' Hardware in HB) and all the guys at the shop!!!!

Thanks for stepping up and taking the lead in the fight to protect our fishing grounds!!!!

sonarbp

Wendy,
    You got my vote! Thanks for looking out for us!
    ----------------------------------
    Hey guys, before you post some lame comment consider this.
    What happens when Saturday rolls around and you can't go fishing due to closures...
    -Do you really enjoy cleaning out the garage?
    -Going to the mall with your wife? or husband?
    -Listening to your kids run around the house?

At least someone, some people are putting their time and effort into saving our fishing.

I know Wendy and she will work hard.
    Let's have someone who wants to help, do their thing!

Cast your vote, so we can cast our lines!!

FJ74

Quote Originally Posted by wtlfsh View Post
    I am a single mom with a huge passion for fishing, my girls love it too! I am the National Sales Manager for a local fishing line company and a private boater who fishes recreationally as well as competitively. On a regular basis I visit tackle stores, give seminars and talk to many different stakeholder groups in this region. I can be heard on the air and via the Internet every Sunday night on Rod & Reel Radio as one of the co-hosts of the show.
    I fish along our southern California coast, talk to fishermen/women, captains, deckhands, surfers, kayakers, boaters, non boaters, tackle store owners, employees, manufacturers and conservationists every day. I will bring first-hand knowledge and perspective to the MLPA South Coast Study Region, without a doubt I will express clearly the interests of the listed stakeholders and will work collaboratively, seeking to integrate the interests of the full range of constituencies. I am an open minded individual with many different interests and willing to hear all sides of an issue. My petition will show a diverse group of stakeholders who have confidence that I will be able to convey their interests; I will be committed to completing all aspects of the charge of the regional stakeholder group.

PROFESSIONAL ORGANIZATIONS

President, Chuck Byron Memorial Youth Art Foundation, Member: Screen Actors Guild, BASS, Saltwater Bass Anglers, WON Bass, American Bass, South Bay Lady Anglers, Angler’s Choice, El Segundo Douglas Rod & Gun Club, Manzanar School Reunion Committee, United Angler’s of Southern California, American Sportfishing Association

Wendy
    You have my vote! I just wanted to make sure that you actually cared and knew about fishing.

Well, I must say the Resume' is impressive.....

But 4 posts at FNN in 4 yrs is hard to swallow....
    Only makes me wonder if that is what we can expect from you as a representative???

Ive seen a lot of politicians in my life....

I dont have a clue who you are Wendy. Sounds like you have friends here and are a great person...
    I can only base my opinion on what you have done and said here, where I spend time....

Joe; I dont consider that a lame comment (if your referring to mine)....

What I see if a foundation, based her activity at FNN... Thats all.

Think about it........

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast