Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Float tube Repair

Default Float tube Repair

Hey all, I took my float tube out to Lake Mead with me last week and I didn't take into consideration the heat when I pumped it up... I didn't leave enough room for it to expand and it busted the seems on each side of my tube. The bladders are fine, but the cover is now split.

Does anyone know if this can be repaired? Can I do it myself? Do I take it to a shop? Any help would be great. Its a Trout Unlimited and I got it a BPS last september and i've only used it maybe 4 or 5 times.

Thanks!

Return it to BPS, they will probably replace it???

If not contact Trout Unlimited for warranty..

If no luck with those options.. You may be able to repair it???.

I live at almost 3500 ft elevation, I have to be very careful when I travel. The air will expand grossly when going to higher elevations. I have almost exploded mine a few times coming home, or over BBL & Onyx Pass on the way to BBL & Jinx Lake....

I have made extensions to the fill valves (clear tubing) so I can inflate/deflate while on the water to compensate for heat, cold etc... Recommend that for all Float Tubers.. Also deflate it (70% or so) when traveling.....

Good luck.....

Pretty sure they will replace it.

I'm thinking those things cost a fraction of what they charge for them. So they aren't out anything by replacing parts.

Trout unlimited has a 1 year warranty. The same thing happened to mine about a year ago.

Here is the info to get ahold of Trout Unlimited:

Kristy Cable
    End User Customer Service Representative

Classic Accessories
    22640 68th Ave South
    Kent, WA 98032
    T: 253.395.3900 x283
    F: 253.395.3991
    E: kristyc@classicaccessories.com

Email Kristy and tell her that the seams tore.
    example of what I wrote to them:

"I have a Togiak pontoon float tube. I received it in February 2007 as a gift. I have used my tube twice a month since I received it and have had no problems until yesterday. I noticed as I was ending my day of fishing that one of the seams has begun to tear. What steps do I need to take to repair or have this replaced? Is this covered under the 1 year warranty?

Thanks,

Brian"

They will issue you a return authorization number and you shipp them your complete tube....when they get it they will ship you a new one.

or you can fix it yourself with a sewing needle and some 30lb spectra but I would have them replace it first!!!

sonarbp

Quote Originally Posted by Nessie Hunter View Post
    Return it to BPS, they will probably replace it???

If not contact Trout Unlimited for warranty..

If no luck with those options.. You may be able to repair it???.

I live at almost 3500 ft elevation, I have to be very careful when I travel. The air will expand grossly when going to higher elevations. I have almost exploded mine a few times coming home, or over BBL & Onyx Pass on the way to BBL & Jinx Lake....

I have made extensions to the fill valves (clear tubing) so I can inflate/deflate while on the water to compensate for heat, cold etc... Recommend that for all Float Tubers.. Also deflate it (70% or so) when traveling.....

Good luck.....

I dont have a receipt or the original box... will BPS still consider replacing it?

Contact trout unlimited ASAP......once they give you the RGA# and you send in your tube you will have the replacement in about 1 week. They only replace the whole tube not just the skin.

sonarbp

Adam_B.;

Not sure?? I have not done in walk in returns at BPS... But good chance they will, they have excellent customer service????

If it was a gift etc, not often you will have a receipt....

I did do an Email to Creek Co on my ODC Tube... Bladder split at seam (very small slow leak) ended up with free bladder & a new cover (it was missing a D ring)... One more bladder & I will have a whole new tube!!!!
    Customer service guy I dealt with ran me around a bit.. When I asked for a supervisor, it all changed and I was made a happy camper.......

Worth a try.........

Well I just received word that my new replacement float tube will be delivered to me on 7/16. Thanks to everyone for the help!

Did you go back to the dealer or manufacturer?

Getting the replacement from the manufacturer. Great customer service over there. All I needed was proof of purchase, which I used a bank statement and they mailed me a new one. Sweet deal huh? No questions asked, just sent it to me! :D