Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Week In Review Pictures

Keep the pics comin' Art!

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by ART HILL View Post
    This topic was not posted for the purpose of degrading people, or the fish they caught. I do not have a crystal ball that allows me to see the size, or shape of the fish that are to be caught.

My job is to put people on fish, and I do, but I can't seperate the small ones from the big ones. I have no control over the size of the fish that is about to be caught. I wish I did, but there's a limit as to my abilities as a guide.

The happy faces of the people who caught the fish sure don't look like they are unhappy with their catches at all. Try telling the big guy Mike that his 5.75# fish is a dink. I don't think that would go over to well.

Aside from a few fish, I would say that most are of good quality. Of course when you catch over 100 fish in a day, you are bound to get one or two that are small. It's the law of averages. Even DVL kicks out it's fair share of rats.
    Speaking of rats, here is a photo of my friend Matt's Vail Lake runt. This was caught 2 weeks ago.

Thanks,

Art
    The 7lber your friend Matt caught = excellent fish. Mikes 5.75 is not a dink by vail standards. Most fish do in fact average under that 5.75lb range there. Again like I said before, they are in there like in any other lake. Catching them with any consistency, or not having to weed though boatloads of fish before ones like those. You decide. May you and your clients see many, many, more fish like those in the future.

Your welcome,

Sid

Quote Originally Posted by skildfisher View Post
    The 7lber your friend Matt caught = excellent fish. Mikes 5.75 is not a dink by vail standards. Most fish do in fact average under that 5.75lb range there. Again like I said before, they are in there like in any other lake. Catching them with any consistency, or not having to weed though boatloads of fish before ones like those. You decide. May you and your clients see many, many, more fish like those in the future.

Your welcome,

Sid
    They are catching fish.....this is called fishing...so, therefore...go out....and catch fish....seems like your hatin on the guy for getting his clients on the fish.....he's doing his job....just fine..

Great work on getting the clients fish...simple as that...not a competition between lakes or anything of that nature....
    I'm having trouble understanding why you've put so much effort up to demean his catches....you must have something personal going on....either way....

I'd suggest putting some focus on posting up some more of YOUR fish posts and not focus on belittleing anothers catch...keep it fun...keep it real...thats what fishing is really about..
    My 2 cents..
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by gletemfeelsteelgary View Post
    They are catching fish.....this is called fishing...so, therefore...go out....and catch fish....seems like your hatin on the guy for getting his clients on the fish.....he's doing his job....just fine..

Great work on getting the clients fish...simple as that...not a competition between lakes or anything of that nature....
    I'm having trouble understanding why you've put so much effort up to demean his catches....you must have something personal going on....either way....

I'd suggest putting some focus on posting up some more of YOUR fish posts and not focus on belittleing anothers catch...keep it fun...keep it real...thats what fishing is really about..
    My 2 cents..
    Gary
    No one is ''hatin'' or belittling his catches. Its just about the principle of the point I was making on fish that are un pressured and on average smaller and not very healthy due to a competition for food. Nothing more, and nothing less. Like I mentioned at least twice before, if they are having fun then thats all that counts. If you have a problem with me calling out the truth then... have a problem with it.

Plus it wasn't even a report or in the right section.

Thanks for the suggestion. But I'd rather keep the good stuff between my buddies and I.

Quote Originally Posted by skildfisher View Post
    No one is ''hatin'' or belittling his catches. Its just about the principle of the point I was making on fish that are un pressured and on average smaller and not very healthy due to a competition for food. Nothing more, and nothing less. Like I mentioned at least twice before, if they are having fun then thats all that counts. If you have a problem with me calling out the truth then... have a problem with it.

Plus it wasn't even a report or in the right section.

Thanks for the suggestion. But I'd rather keep the good stuff between my buddies and I.
    Alright then, you keep those 12ouncers between you and your buddies, I for one would love to see ya post some fish on any regularity rather than just make discrediting implications, it would kinda warrant you supplying a credible opinion.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion here...yes...

it's just that within those opinions I would only hope... the good spirit of fishing remains....

so...go ahead...keep your ol lil honey holes to yourself..we don't need your info anyway..

be all tight lipped, don't post at all for that matter if thats the aproach...just lurk and ride everyone elses coatail...it's all good...not good fishing Kharma but thats your choice.

Good luck to ya but this concludes my broadcast day regarding this topic....click !

I gotta fish......

Alright then, you keep those 12ouncers between you and your buddies, I for one would love to see ya post some fish on any regularity rather than just make discrediting implications, it would kinda warrant you supplying a credible opinion.

it's just that within those opinions I would only hope... the good spirit of fishing remains....

so...go ahead...keep your ol lil honey holes to yourself..we don't need your info anyway..

be all tight lipped, don't post at all for that matter if thats the aproach...just lurk and ride everyone elses coatail...it's all good...not good fishing Kharma but thats your choice.

Good luck to ya but this concludes my broadcast day regarding this topic....click !

I gotta fish......
    Well put Gary. Just over 200 posts in almost 4 years? Skildfisher, you need to do better than that, senor. This post most definitely reads like a bash on Art and that's not cool. He takes the time to report so that others can enjoy his sucesses and maybe join him on a trip. Just what makes you more of an expert on catching large bass than he?

Fishing is not about downplaying others knowledge or skills, or use of either.

Gary's correct in stating that you are not doing your fishing Karma any good trying to show up anyone on this site.

Japo

Real-Spoolers......enough said.

I gotta fish......
    YOu're fucccking hilarious!!!!!! I love it when people talk like they think they know who I am. The ones who know me wouldn't dare to bash me as my track record is good enough to annihilate their's 30times over and then some. I could give 2 ***** about you what you internet superheroes think either, if I went out on a limb here and posted maybe 3 pics of my results in the last month they would probably leave you speechless... for what though? To prove myself to feelthesteel??

Keep going off on stupid tangents to drag this thread out longer and longer. It was never about me or bashing Art but you can deduce conclusions about me and the purpose of this thread as you please.

Looks like my kharma is screwed now. LMFAO

Cheap entertainment FTMFW!!!!

P.S. Reel-spoolers are paranoidhomos

I'll just post again since I'm trying to pass the anxiousnesses of waiting for some very important info.

Damn I'm cracking up. I just realized if it wasn't for this last sen I posted you wouldn't of had anything to say back to my last reply... Thanks for the suggestion. But I'd rather keep the good stuff between my buddies and I.

Read again.

Beautiful Bass. Why even bother with the haters, huh?:rolleyes:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast