Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Week In Review Pictures

Default Week In Review Pictures

Here are some photo's from this past weeks trips.

This crappie ate a bass jig.

Fishing wife "Beth" and a nice Vail Lake bass.

Fishing husband "Brian" and his first jig fish ever.

Double hook up on the jig fish.

Brian with another good one. He was dialed in on the jig. His new weapon of choice.

Brian sticks another one.

Superpack 84 "Cy" and a 5# bass from DVL.

Cy with another DVL chunk.

Gary with a Vail bass. One of many.

Mike with a 5.75 pound Vail bass. If this fish looks small, it because Mike is like 6' 6", and 260 pounds. I am 6' 2", and he makes me look small.

Mike with another Vail chunk. These were part of a 90 fish afternoon. All jig fish.

And still more Mike.

Scott with a Vail bass. A 100+ fish day.

Scott with a spinnerbait fish. Lots of those.

Scott and his brother Rick with a double hookup.

Scott with still another one.

Art, thanks for the great pics. I used to go past Vail lake on the way to our Observatory in Anza a lot. I always wondered if the fishing was good there? Now I know that it is a really great fishery.

Quote Originally Posted by one_leg View Post
    Art, thanks for the great pics. I used to go past Vail lake on the way to our Observatory in Anza a lot. I always wondered if the fishing was good there? Now I know that it is a really great fishery.
    I fished it once about a year ago. It's Basically wideopen on everything you throw at them. I'm sure they'd eat hot dogs if you tried em. The lake is full of bass but catching a fish over 6lbs is rare and most of the ones you do catch look pretty emaciated.

I'm sure if they shocked it and eliminated a portion of the population + added a larger forage base the diversity and quality of the system would greatly improve.

Well I can tell you for a fact that there are still big fish in Vail Lake. One of my friends caught a 12+ as part of a 40+ pound limit recently. This was all on video for Spro Baits, and the new Shad Bait that is coming out. There is a picture of this fish in the lake office.

I have another friend who just caught a 10+ this past week on an Ima crankbait. I myself have caught several 6+ pound fish in the last month, and several of my guide clients have caught fish over 5# and a couple over 6. This lake is on the rebound from what is was.

un healthy??? majority of the 70 plus fish I caught last week where healthy as can be....Art can vouch, these fish fight almost as hard as DVL fish......including this one

this lake is loaded with shad and blue gill.....
    Last edited by goseango; 07-06-2008 at 08:33 PM.

And I forgot about your fish Kevin. That was a beauty for sure. Congratulations on that beast.

Speaking of DVL, I have been noticing that a few of those fish are of the skinny sort lately.

Those are some healthy bass.. nice fish

Quote Originally Posted by goseango View Post
    un healthy??? majority of the 70 plus fish I caught last week where healthy as can be....Art can vouch, these fish fight almost as hard as DVL fish......including this one

this lake is loaded with shad and blue gill.....
    No, very healthy. My bad.

Don't get me wrong. I'm sure vail has its share of toads but the fishing is STUPID and the MAJORITY of fish are ready to chomp on anything. My brother was being silly and balled up a hunk of worm plastic that had melted in my box, it was apparently good enough to land him 3 fish before it was malled apart. I probably had a good 50 fish, most of which were pretty shoddy looking with wounds etc. some looked pretty snakeheady while others didn't but for the most part I was disappointed. One of them was so skinny I was surprised it was still alive, on the other hand I did score about a half dozen average sized 3lbers. Ultimately there was more to be desired at the end of the day than a field day on stupid starving bass. Cranks, worms... jigs, spinners.... o wait no, not spinners. Or worms either, I doubt you could get em on those there.

Thanks for the report
    Last edited by skildfisher; 07-06-2008 at 09:41 PM.

Looks like a great week to me, Art. Keep up the good work!

Caveman
    Co-Founder

UFishClub.com

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast