Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 7-4-08 Catawba River inlet North Carolina

Default 7-4-08 Catawba River inlet North Carolina

Myself, Bullets, our brother from another mother (Erik), his wife (Lorie) and their daughter (Kayla) headed out to see if anything was biting at the Catawba inlet. I started off by throwing a plastic frog to see if any bass were biting. Erik threw out a curly-tailed plastic worm for a while also. Both of us got nothing with the plastics. Notice all of the bobbers in the trees.

Bullets and Kayla were tossing out crickets and N/C pieces under a bobber for the bluegill that were hiding under some submerged brush. They got a few nibbles but nothing took.

After a while Erik and I decided to throw out N/C over by the submerged logs on the other side instead. Finally I was able to break the skunk. It was also a new species for me. I have no clue what it's called, but Bullets seems to think it's called a chub.

Shortly after we all had poles on the others side, and they all started getting hit also. I hooked up again, but this time it was a baby catfish. I didn't know SARL and NC got their catfish from the same place.

Bullets and I let Kayla reel in the rest of the fish. One more "Chub" was caught also.

It started storming here a few hours ago. The rain was heavier than anything I've seen in CA in a while, and lightning was flashing ever 2 seconds. Apparently they haven't had any rain in a while. We did go down to South Carolina and get some awesome fireworks yesterday and lit some of the flying stuff off.

Love the water and lazy summer dys back there.....I think your chub was probably a shad. Used to catch them all the time in the tippie......keep having fun guys. Rain sounds good right now with the 104 heat.....OFG

Good times....enjoy your vacation buddy and keep the reports coming! I will be picking up the slack in the rooting dept for the Dodgers while you are gone!

TD

Thanks for the report guys. Glad your out fishing and having fun. Thanks for sharing:cool:

TM65

Looks very nice and green out there! Thanks for the pics!

Cool pics!

Gotta love a good southern thunder storm. Cool pictures, hope you get into some better quality fish, but looks like you all had a good time just the same. Have fun and don't forget about us! ;)

Nice report. That water looks like the vine last summer.

Are those decks public or private, or both?

THNX 4 posting

O_L

Awsome job on hunting down the fish in the river. That river looks like it should have some big ol cats in there. Im sure youll get em. Those cats seem willing to bite unlike those from SARL. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by one_leg View Post
    Are those decks public or private, or both?
    The one we were on was public. The other ones you see in the pics are private.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast