Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: June Lake Loop - Silver Lake.. Need Info??

Quote Originally Posted by billy b View Post
    Thomas Bouyant.. Red Gold

Rapala CD 4 - 9 in Fire Tiger or Blue color will also get you hooked up

Just curious. I've heard the red & gold TB is the best. Have you ever tried the red & gold rapala .... and if you like the blue rapala, have you ever tried the blue TBuoy?

Just curious.

Also wondered what you think (and anybody else) about the different garlic scents. Have you tried other garlics and found the Bang to be the best?
    I haven't found a gold/red Rapala but i have had luck with the brown trout pattern and white rapalas.

As far as the blue Thomas Bouyant, I do use them, but mostly the tear drop shaped one. For some reason they lay off the blue pattern on in the full size. But it does work, especially in very clear water that is still. Up at virginia lakes they wouldn't leave the blue one alone.

I use bang because it sprays on and covers evenly and it's scent is very very strong without masking the color of the lures/bait I'm using. Berkley dips and sauces are goopy and mask the colors a little bit. They do work good too though, just about any garlic scent works great but Bang sprays just seem to be handy, cover well and have the strongest smell. I also spray the line with it, about 2 feet above the lure and or bait. Seems to help.

Default Here's the old rapala color I was thinking of

http://www.rapala.com/products/lures...lt=Both&live=1
    THANKS for the GREAT info

One thing for sure, is that the BANG is a clean method

Default June Lake Loop

I was up at June Lake over the 4th of July. I fished Gull Lake on Friday and Saturday. I would say the bite was hit and miss. I fished from shore Friday morning, and the perch would take the nightcrawlers along with some crawdads. I caught 5 perch and 7 crawdads. However, I was going for the trout. So I hopped on the boat in the afternoon on Friday. The power bait (chunky cheese w/ garlic) got "0" bites. I remember reading it worked for others. However, that was not the case with me. The inflated nightcrawler did the trick though. My wife and I caught 8 rainbow trout. We must have found a school as we caught all of them in about an hour in a half. Two of them had the pink meat, which was great. A couple of these were in the 3 pound range. On Saturday, we decided to go back to Gull Lake in the afternoon. We didn't get one bite on either the power bait or nightcrawlers. Actually I only saw a couple boats bring up trout while we were out there Saturday afternoon. I'm thinking the 4th of July party in the marina and the kids swinging from the ropes to dive into the lake spooked the fish. Good Luck to those heading up there. The reports leading up to this trip helped a lot, so I thought I would return the favor and help.

Ok everyone the Escalade is packed up and Im on my way out in the morning. I will be postiing lots of pictures, wish me luck and thanks for the help everyone

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123