Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Missing fisherman

For the wedge, I always wear an inflatable PFD. More often than not, rogue waves will appear.

Pretty sure it was the CDM jetty they fell off. Not the Wedge side. It's actually very rare for the waves to break at the end of that jetty. Maybe once a year.

But these waves were going up to 15 feet!

Ive just seen it on the news ... they said they will do a three day search for the bodies .....crazy !

Quote Originally Posted by Dave24
    Pretty sure it was the CDM jetty they fell off. Not the Wedge side. It's actually very rare for the waves to break at the end of that jetty. Maybe once a year.
    It was the CDM side. Heard the cops impounded their car from the parking lot there today. Sad situation. Some of the biggest waves I've seen in a while today. There were some spots that had bigger surf then where the surfers were surfing. Even they were scared to go out in those areas.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow
    Quote Originally Posted by fish4keep
    Use some common sense. But then again common sense is not too common for some.
    You can't teach common sense...
    Aint that the truth .... amazing how people could be missing this trait

yeah i was out there bodyboarding at wedge today and with the winds, high surf. and currents it was almost impossible to stay in a relatively safe spot. the waves were super strong with the long interval swells. thats why wedge was so big. the longer the inervals the more energy gets refracted and the more jacked it gets. i was only out for about 45 minutes and i was gassed and i had a wetsuit and fins on and a bodyboard. if they went in on the wedge side of the jetty i would give someone about 30 minutes to get up the rocks before they get slammed. my prayers go out to the families of those people

Quote Originally Posted by FishermanStu
    if they went in on the wedge side of the jetty i would give someone about 30 minutes to get up the rocks before they get slammed. my prayers go out to the families of those people
    You must have meant 30 seconds Stu, right? Because they would have been chum after 30 minutes.

i say thrity minutes considering the long period swell with the longer lulls between the large sets. thirty minutes top on a day like today

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast