Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Missing fisherman

Quote Originally Posted by jplee3
    Quote Originally Posted by IslandBoi
    That sucks for that guy, I pray he gets found

but

c'mon people .... common sense here .... we all know how the wedge is, how dangerous it can be .... how can you not take precaution and be careful ....

user error on this one .....
    I feel bad for them. It's true this one was user error, but realistically, how many people you think there are out there who actually check wave reports, etc. before heading out to go fish somewhere? I know many people do, but I'm sure there are some who don't...
    Who knows? Maybe it was their first time out there? :(
    I'm sure many people don't check wave reports, but c'mon, when you get there, you have to notice the big waves, it's just stupidity if you don't, and knowing the Wedge's reputation, it's pretty much expected.

If you gut feeling says be careful, I would listen to it ....

I do pray that they are found, alive and well. Only god can help them now

Quote Originally Posted by jplee3
    That sucks for that guy, I pray he gets found

but

c'mon people .... common sense here .... we all know how the wedge is, how dangerous it can be .... how can you not take precaution and be careful ....

user error on this one .....
    I feel bad for them. It's true this one was user error, but realistically, how many people you think there are out there who actually check wave reports, etc. before heading out to go fish somewhere? I know many people do, but I'm sure there are some who don't...
    Who knows? Maybe it was their first time out there? :(
    I'm sure many people don't check wave reports, but c'mon, when you get there, you have to notice the big waves, it's just stupidity if you don't, and knowing the Wedge's reputation, it's pretty much expected.

If you gut feeling says be careful, I would listen to it ....

I do pray that they are found, alive and well. Only god can help them now
    Good point there - I guess some easily underestimate the power of the seas. Maybe they got there pretty early when it wasn't as bad and got caught up in all of it... either way, I just know it was CRAZY at M-St when I was out there last night. So I can't imagine how bad it must have been at the Wedge.

I just got back from watching the bodyboarding down at wedge, it is nuts, at least 15 feet on the sets. There are still people fishing, but on the safer side, I guess. I surfed at 7, and it was big, I don't see how the missing folks could have not known. Really sad. The CG cutter was making its way back in when i got there, and no news chopper in sight, wonder what happened

hope he is found.. that suck's.. he probably had on wafer's too..

That sucks, Pray they are alive and well and hope they get lucky....

Could be any one of us...you know.

If I ever hit the jetties, i'll be wearing a floating vest from now on, thats for sure.

:x :x

Bummer about the fisherman and woman.

Use some common sense. But then again commen sense is not too common for some.

Quote Originally Posted by fish4keep
    Use some common sense. But then again common sense is not too common for some.
    You can't teach common sense...

the search has been called off... :(

They got swept off at 9:15 so it isn't looking too good by 10 or so in 58 degree water. As bad as the waves were, they said the current was very strong as well. Unless they were very strong swimmers they didn't have much of a chance.

Oh man ... I saw this on the news.. :(

At the very least, he DID get to die doing what he probably loved most.

If he was alive, i would be very surprised. I dont even surf fish during swells like this :|

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast