Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bishop Trip, Float Tube Question

Default Bishop Trip, Float Tube Question

I'm heading up to Crawley next weekend and I am looking into purchasing a Fish Cat Float Tube. I weigh just under 250 pounds, and that is the max capacity of the float tube. Should I get the Fat Cat that holds over 300 pounds, or would I be okay on the 250 pounder? Anyone else gonna be up there next weekend?

I had a "friend" Ask me the same question about weight... It wasn't me, it was a friend...
    Last edited by WAVEMHOME; 06-29-2008 at 06:16 PM.

The Fish Cat would be fine for your weight as the manuf. allows for a slight overweight , have fun . What kinda fins do you have ? very important .

Get the Fat Cat.
    I did my fathers day post explaining about how mine fishcat deluxe developed a leak at the seam. I got a new aircell which is great. The guy at the company told me the Fat cats are made better. Get the Super fat cat with the Air cushions it is more comfortable.

The fat cat floats higher and the main thing is the Pockets are huge. I wanted to trade in mine just for the storage space in the fat cats looks great.

The draw back to the fat cat is there is one aircell but if you get the super fat cat you get 2 air cushions which leaves you with 3. I think a life vest that is not inflated until needed would be good to have in the deeper lakes.

I have Viper Fins for body surfing. Have a friend who uses them and says they work great.

Quote Originally Posted by DaFish View Post
    Get the Fat Cat.
    I did my fathers day post explaining about how mine fishcat deluxe developed a leak at the seam. I got a new aircell which is great. The guy at the company told me the Fat cats are made better. Get the Super fat cat with the Air cushions it is more comfortable.

The fat cat floats higher and the main thing is the Pockets are huge. I wanted to trade in mine just for the storage space in the fat cats looks great.

The draw back to the fat cat is there is one aircell but if you get the super fat cat you get 2 air cushions which leaves you with 3. I think a life vest that is not inflated until needed would be good to have in the deeper lakes.
    I have had 2 seam breaks on fish cat, went to odc420 and have been very satisfied, better materials I believe. Not quite as much storage space but you can always bring a dry bag and throw it in the back for clothes and stuff.

Seal,

What does odc420 mean?

thanks

Hey, i have a fish cat 4, i weigh like 195 it holds me up fine,

My friend is 6' 10'' at 260 pounds, it holds him up as well as it holds me up.

so.. 250 is a estimation...

The fish cat will do just fine. I've been fishing from a fish cat for more than four years now and never had any trouble with seams... My weight is 245, and I ride high and dry. Fish Crowley in big wind and waves, not an issue.

Thank you everyone for the great advice, I greatly appreciate it. Sorry to FNN Admin, these posts probably should have been in the float tube catagory that I did not notice until a while after I posted it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast