Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Need some help

Default Need some help

I am from NorCal but it has been some time since I have done some fishing up there. My brother wants to go but has no idea were. We grew up fishing Stumpy meadows, Icehouse, Union Valley and many others in the area. I have gotten very little information on how the bite is up there for rainbows. I do realize i is summer and it will be hit or miss. I read that Clear lake is good for Cats and Crappie. Also that the Sac river still has a few strippers in it. I suppose my question is whats my best option here to get on the fish? I will be home 11 days and really willing to go as far as Truckee. Thanks again.

Where abouts are you staying?

If you'll go to truckee, then go there.. fishing up that way is great. Check out the fishing report on www.fresnobee.com in the sports section for some reports on the western sierra drainage. Depends on where you live too like the above poster ask... I recommend Lake McClure McSwain ..Pardee Res, Donner lake, Melones, etc. That whole western side is good, take your pick

Sorry that m ay be helpful. I will be staying in the Roseville and Folsom area. I am willing to travel a bit and make a couple days of it if there is a need for it. Thanks again.