Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 06/22/2008 First trip to san clemente island [few pics]

Everything comes to play, not just the water temp. But one of the main thing is current. I don't know how the current is but this week, the current isn't all that good. It makes for a slow bite. Still looks like a nice haul from the look of that ice chest...

Fishing is a life long learning experience.
    I experience it and I hear it all the time..."Oh I didn't know that works...", "Oh, I didn't know that..." - both me saying it and someone else saying to me.

The great thing about forums like this one is that people will share knowledge that otherwise you would have never known. The most important thing is that you put that new knowledge into action and share it with the next guy.

FYI: I take the pictures of the fish I'm going to release by holding on to either the line or the jig, quick snap of the camera and then with pliers grab the hook, a quick flick - release. Never touched the fish at any point.

Another thing that most people forget. You hand is like a hot coal to the fish. Technically you can actually "cook" fish meat on your hands. Try it with a fillet next time, you'll see the meat change color. So unless you've been chilling your hands in a bucket of ice water, don't touch the fish!

Aside from that...

GREAT JOB MAN!! That cooler is PACKED!!!

FJ74

Quote Originally Posted by Funjunkie74 View Post
    Fishing is a life long learning experience.
    I experience it and I hear it all the time..."Oh I didn't know that works...", "Oh, I didn't know that..." - both me saying it and someone else saying to me.

The great thing about forums like this one is that people will share knowledge that otherwise you would have never known. The most important thing is that you put that new knowledge into action and share it with the next guy.

FYI: I take the pictures of the fish I'm going to release by holding on to either the line or the jig, quick snap of the camera and then with pliers grab the hook, a quick flick - release. Never touched the fish at any point.

Another thing that most people forget. You hand is like a hot coal to the fish. Technically you can actually "cook" fish meat on your hands. Try it with a fillet next time, you'll see the meat change color. So unless you've been chilling your hands in a bucket of ice water, don't touch the fish!

Aside from that...

GREAT JOB MAN!! That cooler is PACKED!!!

FJ74
    i will definitely do some more research on this and share this very very useful knowledge back to my country's fishing forum for sho =D dun think a lot of people knew about this

Nice job on all the fish.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12