Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big Pine creek report 6-20 Lots of pictures

Default Big Pine creek report 6-20 Lots of pictures

I went camping up at big pine with the family this weekend to do some fishing. Started out fishing the creek by the campground to get 13 stocker rainbows and a few wild browns. All were about this size.

On Saturday morning my dad and i got up early to do some hiking to fish the stream and some of the lakes up above the campgrounds. Here is a crappy picture of the trails and lakes in the area.

Picture of the first waterfalls.

First fish of the day.

2nd set of falls. You cant see it in the picture but just to the right of the falls is the crazy switchbacks you have to travel up.

Another brown. Getting a little bigger.

Dad working the fly rod.

to end up catching this little guy.

This is a old cabin that used to be own by the actor Lon Chaney of the 1920s

The First lake.

Fished the first lake inlet for about 20 mins only to catch this wild rainbow. The picture is not the best. I wanted to get it back into the water asap.

Crappy picture of the 2nd lake.

Right after getting to the 2nd lake inlet it started raining. Got about half hour of fishing in before the sky opened up and started dumping rain and hail. We packed up to get out of there because we had no rain gear and didnt want to get trapped in a bad storm at 10000 feet. My dad ended up getting 4 or 5 wild brook trout and got 1. I only managed 1 picture
    between all the rain. The picture didnt turn out very good. You dont really get to see the crazy coloring these little fish have.

On the way back down i managed to hook the biggest brown of the weekend. This guy was a good fighter. From the tip of my middle finger to my wrist is 8" so guessing from the picture this guy had to be 12-14"

Another of my dad got on a spinner.

Heres a picture of some big fire burning in what looks like maybe kern area.

We lost count of the total fish my dad and i caught but i would have to guess at least 30 stocker rainbows, about 6 brookies, 1 big wild rainbow and at least 60 wild browns between the 2 of us. All fish were C&R to fight another day. It was a long but fun weekend. I am sore and tired as hell.

NICE REPORT THERE MAN! i GOT HIT BY THE SAME STORM. iT DIDN'T LAST VERY LONG. i WISH i HAD STAYED AT THE HIGHER ELEVATION AND WAITED IT OUT. SAW THAT SAME FIRE. IT'S GNARLY. VERY NICE PICS TO. tHANX 4 THE REPORT.

GM<><

Great report bro! Glad to see you back here, where you been?

Nice report man. Some of those browns look gnarly. :cool:

Great report & pics.
    Now that's what stream fish'n is all about!

Nice job on 3 species of trout.

Nice goin' man. Gotta go up there and find me some Brookies next time around. Thanks for the pics and report.

Cool report/pics.

THNX

O_L

thanks for the report, nice pics...good looking browns and brookies !!!

Quote Originally Posted by mth1997 View Post
    Great report bro! Glad to see you back here, where you been?
    This is the first time fishing since i ran into you at Jackson. Summer has been busy for me. Between trips to vegas and work i have not had a free weekend in almost 2 months. I am trying to set up a weekend backpacking trip back up to big pine for sometime in Aug. I'll keep you posted.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast