Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fishing in the Good Ol' dirty South - Georgia

Default Fishing in the Good Ol' dirty South - Georgia

I’ve been of town in Georgia, meeting with the Marines on business, so I haven’t had much time lately to fish locally with buddies Wingnut, Kichigai1, Binh etc. lately. Our meetings ended one day early so my buddy Rick and I headed out to the local waterways to see what the locals were catching. Boils in the water everywhere and white bass one after another where getting pulled from the water… all the locals where rigged up with a popping plug and small green jig. Curious, I asked if they “ever used chovies?” like we use out here in So Cal. To that question, they all turned, looked at me laughing saying in their southern drawl “you don’t see the ocean out here do you?” “you can’t catch stripped bass on chovies!” Their look was, as though to say… “boy, are you stuck on stupid”. I really wish I had pics of Wingnut, TO and I out in Pyramid and Castaic. Never-the-less, learn from the locals and do as they do…

The next morning I headed out to the local tackle shop and bought couple spinning rod sets and tackle as recommend… Off to fishing we went… We were 20 minutes north of Albany on beautiful lake call Lake Blackshear… My buddy brought his flyrod setup and I threw my popping plug. Had a great time fishing with the locals all day! They are the nicest people ever… if we stayed longer, I’m sure we would be invited to dinner… Great people! A lot of fun! Catching fish! What else can you ask for…

Beautiful water… wish we had a boat!

My buddy Rick using his fly rod

Moving down stream

Fishing barefoot with alligators and snapping turtles… not to smart…

White bass fun!

Enjoy!
    Blackwater (Phuong)
    Last edited by blackwater; 06-19-2008 at 03:56 PM.

Thanks for sharing your fishing trip on FNN. Nice looking country.

TM65

Ya'll make me jealous. I wish I could take a trip back to that part of the country.

Quote Originally Posted by joe man View Post
    Ya'll make me jealous. I wish I could take a trip back to that part of the country.

Beautiful country, nice people and lite fishing pressure...
    Look forward to spening more time back east...
    BW

I am from SC but I love the whole area from TN. down to AL. Have you noticed that most of the people you pass on the streets actually take the time to wave or say hello? I have traveled all over the world and the hospitality of the south is something you don't find anywhere else.

Smile

Nice job Phuong, excellent 1st fishing report, I taught you well.
    Always nice to find time to fish while on a business trip... I have no such luck when I travel for business.

Pretty cool looking place to fish, sounds like a business trip with a little bonus. ;)

Thanks BW....... I used to lived in GA back in 75 and I sure do miss the hospitality there along with all the beautiful lakes and streams. Thanks for the walk down in Memory Lane.

tight line.

Soul
    Last edited by soulsurfer; 06-24-2008 at 09:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blackwater View Post
    [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]“you don’t see the ocean out here do you?” “you can’t catch stripped bass on chovies!” Their look was, as though to say… “boy, are you stuck on stupid”.
    Hahaha! Quote of the day!

Thanks for the report!

Pretty brave to be standing in water that holds alligators while fishing. Maybe he didn't know. Can't beat that southern hospitality. ;)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast