Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: tent camping in the sierras

Default Big B

I suggest Red's Meadow.. Great camping, FREE Showers( Natural Hot Springs), and plenty to do if with the family.. If not then plenty of fishing for you.. Here are some pics from a week ago..............

BGH
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_2059.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	96.9 KB 
ID:	5109   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_2068.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	98.4 KB 
ID:	5110   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_2040.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	99.5 KB 
ID:	5111  

My Dad, Son and I stayed at Brown's Town in Bishop and had a great time. Very easy if you have kids. Hot showers. Very clean restrooms. Almost in town so your not to far from fast food but still has a feel of being out in the wild.

I'm avoiding Bishop more and more.. too many people. Rock Creek lake and north are the best spots now...STAY AWAY FROM MAMMOTH. June Lake has OH! Ridge Campground.. it's perfect for families that don't want to completely rough it. Yes they have showers.

I agree with anyone that says head north to bridgeport. Less people and awesome scenery, best fishing in the sierras period.

Quote Originally Posted by Badfish2 View Post
    I'm avoiding Bishop more and more.. too many people. Rock Creek lake and north are the best spots now...STAY AWAY FROM MAMMOTH. June Lake has OH! Ridge Campground.. it's perfect for families that don't want to completely rough it. Yes they have showers.

I agree with anyone that says head north to bridgeport. Less people and awesome scenery, best fishing in the sierras period.
    Up by twin lakes (Bridgeport) there is as campsite called Honeymoon Flats. Nice place right next to a stream. Showers are less than a 2 min. drive away. Or Doc & Al's is also good with a lot more ammenities.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123