Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: tent camping in the sierras

Default tent camping in the sierras

i'll be heading there in mid july with the family and some friends. the ladies all want showers but i can't find any sites with them listed on the reservation website. anybody know where? also what's the temperature like in the day/night?

If you are heading up to Mammoth or June Lake Loop, most major lakes have campsites which are on a first come first serve basis, no reservations needed, about $19 a night per site. Moste of these campsites have a little general store which have showers for about $2 per shower. Weather is pretty good in July, wind could kick up any time and afternoon thunderstorms are not uncommon.

If you are looking for showers, then you'll probably want to stay in a private versus a public campground. Any ideas on where you want to go? Mammoth? June Lake? Bishop?

Let us know - I'm sure we all have ideas....

Tell the ladies all they need is running water and a bucket....soap -shampoo and a wash cloth, tooth brush and paste to smell fresh as a daisy!

Locations that have showers & Flush toilets
    LAKE Campground
    Rock Creek Lake: Rock Creek Resort

Convict Lake: Convict Lake Resort

Mammoth Lakes: Showers are at Lake Mary Store - Flush toilets at Lake Mary campground

Grant Lake: Grant Lake Campground

Lundy Lake: Lundy Lake Resort

Twin Lake - in Bridgeport: Twin Lakes Resort - Mono Village - Doc and ALs Resort

Three words: Portable Solar Shower.

Bishop Creek South Fork
    Bishop Creek Lodge has showers rentals for a couple $$
    Creekside RV park also has showers. I think it is 6 quarters for 5 minutes.

I am guessing that Parcher's Lodge also has showers, but I am not 100%

Mono Village Upper Twin Lakes in Bridgeport. Perfect for the family. Hot showers and flush toilets are all over the campgrounds and cleaned twice daily. General store for any forgotton items, cheaper than downtown bridgeport also. Bring the kids bikes, almost impossible for them to get lost. Cafe and ice cream (softserve) booth. Laundry facilities also. Camp on the otherside of the creek, alot quieter on that side.
    Last edited by fndaway66; 06-19-2008 at 09:54 PM.

thanks guys for the suggestions. i actually looked at most all the ones mentioned and all were booked the days i wanted. anyhow i got a spot on the east fork campgound on rock creek. the showers are a few miles away.

Hey bigblu, ever think of trying the west side of the Sierras? A few of us on FNN go there regularly and Wishon Res. is a popular spot. Wishon Village is the privately owned/operated campground where they have both tent and RV sites, full bathrooms w/showers (a quarter for 3 minutes last I saw), and they also run the boat rentals at the lake. Check out their site....... www.wishonvillage.com Very friendly and quiet atmosphere. Tent sites even have a level wooden platform to pitch your tent. I'd recommend it to anyone. Have a great trip !
    Last edited by Trout-Tuna-For.Me; 06-20-2008 at 12:48 PM.

I will be in Silver Lake on July 8th.... any one have any good fishing spots or ideas as to waht to bring etc!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast