Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: big local striper

Terrible photo, essentially worthless reporting.

I'd give it a D-

O_L

Not a report, but congrats on a very nice fish. :cool:

A nice fish...no doubt, but why white out the face. ????..why not disclose the location ???......put this in the photos section or don't post it at all.....want to be tight lipped and secret it's your choice..
    Paranoia......there's plenty of fish for everyone...this post doesn't impress me

Default wow

thats freakin nice.. my buddy's boss picked up a couple of those in december at the wood... bbz's. ... THEIR PICTURE IS POSTED AT BASS PROS... .. nice work

Quote Originally Posted by adiablo420 View Post
    thats freakin nice.. my buddy's boss picked up a couple of those in december at the wood... bbz's. ... THEIR PICTURE IS POSTED AT BASS PROS... .. nice work

Saw those were nice!

Nice Fish......
    What Did It Weigh??? Somehwere In The 20# Range???
    Hard To Tell From The "angle" That The Pic Was Taken!!!!!
    Oh Yea.. And What Up Wit The White Out Face???
    Sorry But Thats Waaaack!!!

Getum818..............

Quote Originally Posted by skildfisher View Post
    Guys, guys, guys... you can speculate all you want, but the fact is he scored bigtime.
    I was there on the dam when he hooked and landed it. It was heck of a fish and thats that.

Nice one and congrats man.

and throwback ranger, just be quiet. If you don't know its best not to talk. How do u know Butch didn't catch it? Exactly... you don't... so shhhhh.
    The point is the all the secrecy...no face...no report..

I'm saying that's a toad from hell...if you want positive feedback and props (which props are well deserved when one catches a toad like that) don't blank the face and not say anything about where it's caught...
    one doesn't have to give exact cordinates or exact details but in the spirit of what goes on here on this forum some info should be provided...
    thats it, I'm not hating, in fact I'd congratulate instead of hate but the way this post is done leaves a bad flavor after digesting...
    I don't care who caught it...step up or step off....fishing isn't some hide and seek game where ya catch fish..and boast about it without sharing a little....bragging rights are in order but playing games while doing it isn't.

Are fisherman that paranoid that someone will run to the exact same spot...catch the exact same fish as they would if they didn't say anything ?
    Sounds like theres lack of confidence in the skills to reproduce the occurance again or something.....it's rare that I speak out like this in this manner but these things trip me out.

I've been fishing over 30 years....that's my opinion...keep it real..Kharma comes full swing...share with others and it comes back 10 fold....personally I don't care where he caught it....the point itself is whats in focus here..

My 2 cents (more like 50 cents).
    Gary

P.S.
    Photo at the lagoon by launch ramp no doubt...given light factors in background and wearing backpack..equates to: fished the upper at the Dam at night till am hours......watch out....now 3300 people a night will go there and catch the precious horted fish you've been coveting......watch it................I'm watching.. and I know that lake...I'd never have said a word if you were cool bout things..
    plus I don't care what ya caught it on.....how long did the trout stay alive in his belly ?
    Last edited by gletemfeelsteelgary; 06-16-2008 at 12:55 PM.

Awesome fish.

I don't mind when peeps keep locations on the downlow. Make others work as hard as you did for that bite.

Don't make FNN the welfare line.

I guess since yesterday was the 15th, everyone wants a free hand out.

But yes, this does belong in the Photos section.
    Last edited by DarkShadow; 06-16-2008 at 01:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Awesome fish.

I don't mind when peeps keep locations on the downlow. Make others work as hard as you did for that bite.

Don't make FNN the welfare line.

I guess since yesterday was the 15th, everyone wants a free hand out.

But yes, this does belong in the Photos section.
    Maybe a stick figure drawing would suffice ? when one catches a fish...or maybe a photo of the fish in their hand w/o showing their identity ? ....that is asuming they actually do catch a fish ! and are not lurking themselves in the welfare line of info and not ever posting a report.....hide it all as far as I'm concerned if somones so worried bout their spot....DONT POST IT ! THEN !............... HIDE IT ALL !!!!!!! Keep it to themselves...ya can't have it both ways !

This just in ......hot of the press...the identity of this idividual has become aparent !..........

A 27 lb bozo !
    Last edited by gletemfeelsteelgary; 06-16-2008 at 03:48 PM.

The night fishing senario was my first thought, also. It's not impossible that it came out of the lagoon but then again it's not likely.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast