Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: newport harbor 4/13

Default newport harbor 4/13

went out to newport harbor today after a little wave session at 42 st. fished off the sea wall at the end of finley behind blockbust and down the alley. if you live around here there are a ton of spots down there that are great with a bike or skateboard. anyways, i fished for about 45 on a low tide when it was coming back up. caught 1 dink about 8 inches right away. and then two more going about a pound. i lost i nice one probably about two pounds when he swam into the end of a drain pipe and cot cut off on the mussels. i was using a white curly tail grub and about a 1/8 head. i was using 4 pound test and my trout pole so it was a blast. got them on a medium to slow retrieve with small bumps on the bottom. i talked to a guy who said the bonito were biting and i didnt believe him at first but about ten minutes later i saw a school of about thirty burn by me. i didnt know they swam back in the harbor like that. i will update this with a pick as soon as i get some time

BoNiTo awsome =D