Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: First Sierra Slam!!! 6-7-08

Nice job out there.

The Goldens are something else.

from teh pics it loks like you where at Laurel Lakes for the Goldens. its a pretty sweet area. Ive hit goldens aabout 12 to 14 inches in there. awesome pics man!

VERY AWESOME PICTURES. VERY GOOD QUALITY. Could you tell me what kind of camera you were using. i dropped mine and need a new one that i dont have to tape the battery door shut.
    i have never heard of convict having cut-throats, but i think crowley does. and i know june does.

Quote Originally Posted by fishfinder View Post
    VERY AWESOME PICTURES. VERY GOOD QUALITY. Could you tell me what kind of camera you were using. i dropped mine and need a new one that i dont have to tape the battery door shut.
    i have never heard of convict having cut-throats, but i think crowley does. and i know june does.
    Thank you. I am using a Konica Minolta DiMAGE Z3. It has all kinds of adjustments that I never took the time to mess with. I just point and shoot, and it seems to work pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Crawler View Post
    No you did not miss it. A cutt added to the days catch would have qualified me for the "super slam". To the best of my knowledge, a sierra slam is four species in one day. Brook, brown, rainbow, and golden.

But to be honest, we had heard that Convict had cutts, thats why we left Bishop sat night and headed up to Convict. Can anybody confirm or deny cutts in Convict??? :confused:
    I see, well, I've been fishing in the sierras for over 20 years, and a Sierra Slam has always been 5 species in one day.

Golden
    Brown
    Brook
    Rainbow
    Cutt.

Either way, good job. You can get a sierra slam out of June Lake, but it's very hard to do out of one lake. There are no cutts in Convict.

Quote Originally Posted by Badfish2 View Post
    I see, well, I've been fishing in the sierras for over 20 years, and a Sierra Slam has always been 5 species in one day.

Golden
    Brown
    Brook
    Rainbow
    Cutt.

Either way, good job. You can get a sierra slam out of June Lake, but it's very hard to do out of one lake. There are no cutts in Convict.
    Cool, I have also been fishing the sierras for over 20 years and a sierra slam has always been 4 species in one day. Go figure.

Thanks for the heads up on Convict.

I thought thst s grand slam was four species and a sierra slam was five, maybe every one has a different opinion

Default Cutt's

Silver Lake and Gull have Cutt's

Nice pics!
    Brookies and Goldens are on my list one of these days. Never caught either.
    Good job out there :cool: Those goldens are beautiful!

Nice report Crawler. Hey Dockboy- thanks for the advice. Let's see some more of your Sierra caught trout and less of your advise.
    Last edited by deanhall32; 06-12-2008 at 07:17 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast