Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Abalone hunting with Diamondbear in Mendocino County 6-5-08

Thanks for the great pics and report Alan it looks like you guys had a blast thanks for not showing us the pictures of them cooked i always get hungry after looking at them lol.

Bigred

Nice report guys! On a personal note for one leg... i'm glad you were able to get wet the first time in 12 years as you describe... lol

B/C

Thanks man, you gotta join us dude! They got two nice lil trout ponds right next to the ocean there.
    Really nice looking ponds too. I wished I had brought a rod. Next time for sure.

O_L

Quote Originally Posted by diamondbear View Post
    Alan , the pics of the two abs under water turned out pretty good as Iam surprised anything turned out as it was pretty cloudy under water . WHERES the pic of you Ottering back and resting after our dive . I'll have to get a water proof camera box for my camera next time . Theres another low tide in 2 weeks , ha and again in 4 weeks // db
    If you do much underwater photography you may want to check out the new waterproof Pentax Optio. It's a great digital that you can take underwater (up to 15 feet now and for 2 hours on the new model). It shoots pretty good pics underwater (8 mp's) as well as video. I have an older model that I swear by for my snorkeling trips.

Great report O_L. Those are some really cool photos.

Japo

Thanks Japo!

They will be much better if I break out the Nikonos V on the next trip.

It's kinda hard to do both at once though. I wanna eat something, not shoot pics.

It isn't as hard as some of you might think. Like DB said, it's more like an Easter Egg Hunt.

Come on people, the abalone season is open again because July is over.
    Lets get a bunch of people together and get a trip planned.
    $35 covers all you need to bag some abalone. Wetsuit, Ab iron, float, personal dive gear.
    The water is still pretty warm up there and the abalone are everywhere.

I'll check the tides to see when the best opportunities will occur in the coming months.

One_Leg

Quote Originally Posted by one_leg View Post
    Thanks Japo!

They will be much better if I break out the Nikonos V on the next trip.

It's kinda hard to do both at once though. I wanna eat something, not shoot pics.

It isn't as hard as some of you might think. Like DB said, it's more like an Easter Egg Hunt.

Come on people, the abalone season is open again because July is over.
    Lets get a bunch of people together and get a trip planned.
    $35 covers all you need to bag some abalone. Wetsuit, Ab iron, float, personal dive gear.
    The water is still pretty warm up there and the abalone are everywhere.

I'll check the tides to see when the best opportunities will occur in the coming months.

One_Leg
    nice report. and I really want to go. One_Leg let me know if u guys are planning anything later. i will bring my underwater digicam. we can maybe make a video report. anyway, thanks in advance

I'LL GO , count me in Alan

man o man
    this sounds like fun
    i am interested in rolling up north
    i have never done the abalone gig but your reports really opened my eyes.
    keep me posted

G$

Default re:

Hey guys,
    Thats just awesome. Sounds like you two really had a great time. Beautiful scenery. Oh and BTW Steve, I saw a few really nice deer this weekend on 1n09 just as you go in from seven oaks. must have been 6 or 7 they hauled *** when they saw me.

~Jess

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast