Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: TJ's Sierra mission 6-3/4/5-08 (tons of pics)

Looks like you had a great time up there!

Good job on the browns!

TJ I hear you on the people. That is the most one of the most popular winter fisheries for flyfishing in Cali.I've had my share of crowded days on the river during the winter and early spring. You were lucky enough to hit the flows on the head here. About a week and a half ago it was still 600cfs, which is high. Now it down to 450cfs, which is more fishable on the fly. The Pins minnow and LC 65s also do well here. Sometime when I don't want to rig up or am short om time I pull out my minnow rod and work my way up river. Last time of the river my Dad lost a solid 18" + brown at the bank on a Thomas Bouyant. The bigger fish eat the small stocker they throw in there, but a lot of them are further down river from the campground.
    Last edited by dockboy; 06-10-2008 at 12:04 AM.

Casey, your reports are always top notch. This one is no exception.

One_Leg

Thanks for the report.:cool:

TM65

very nice pics

Casey that lake you forgot the name of is Mamie. It's a great lake to tube, and come fall there is always the chance of bears coming down every day there.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234