Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ABALONE DIVING - MENDOCINO CO. 5/19

Default reply

no, not like clams . the best way is to slice them into 1/4" steaks , bread them and fry in garlic butter . iam making abalone ceviche this weekend . when i talk to people up north who came for abs. its funny to hear them gripe on how far they had to travel to get there , 1 says 2 hours another says almost 4 hours and when i say how far i came they just look at me with this funny none believing look ,lol //db

Diamondbear...you are one hardcore SOB for them abalones. .....excellent job!!!!!!!! just watch for Mr. great white up there.

Soul

Default reply

CHECK THIS OUT , it happened about 4 years ago and just a little north by about 5 miles from where i dive , iam hoping the shark is dead by now of food poisioning , lol // db

sorry about that

Way to go DiamondBear.

I used to go Abalone diving nearly ever other weekend in season.

Then I'd go hunt Bugs the rest of the year.

Once in a while we'd get to have an overlap trip when you could take limits of both.
    Enjoy.

One_Leg

Default reply

ONE LEG , years ago i used to dive out of santa barbara , on the truth aquatics boats on multi - day boats for abs and lobters at SAN MIGUEL and SANTA ROSA islands . one of my favorite things to get under water was the monster small plate size scallops , something that didnt move and was like a easter egg hunt to find them hidden on the reefs . san miguel is a whole different world with the currents that move out there // db

Yeah Diamondbear, I know what you mean about big scallops. We got them at Richardson's Rock west of Miguel. It was a crapshot to get there unless the weather cooperated. I used to dive from The Peace, The Spectre, The liberty, Truth Aquatics and others I don't even remember it was so long ago. That was back around 1993-1996. I even worked on The Sand Dollar for a short time. Too short!!!

We might have been on some trips together. Does Gulls and Bouys or LowBottom Divers ring a bell. These clubs used to split charters all the time to Miguel and San Nick.

One_Leg

never seen this before ! But c0ngrats!

:thumb:

Nice pics DB... Thanks for Report... :thumb: How about a Beer...lol

B/C

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast