Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: 72nd Pl - 5/19/07

Default 72nd Pl - 5/19/07

Short report.

Hit up 72nd for the first time and ended up with a small diamond turbot off GS:

Ran into several members (BeachBear&theMrs, TomPayne, and BelmontBoy) from another forum and BeachBear/TomPayne hooked it up with the ghost shrimp. Really nice guys. Anyway, it was fun getting my feet wet and talking with those guys. I wish I could head out there more often but I'm in Irvine, so CDM/NPH is my main hunting grounds. But I think weekends may change, if I have the time :)

Anyway, after the turbot, I got a big bendo on a retrieve close to shore. Didn't set the hook quick enough and lost it. Not sure what it was... I *was* going for beans after failing at halis with a bleeding olive swimbait and luckycraft :( Switched from my 12lb baitcasting setup to a much lighter 4lb spinning outfit (that's for you sonarbp!!! :D :D :D)

Really nice meeting you and congrats on ending the skunk. Structure changed rather frequently and nervous water was frequent. The schools of herring jumping in the distance were caused by barracuda, a local boat with 2 friends pulled in 20 and 25 each just outside the breakwall.