Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RFI - Fishing in Viet Nam

Default RFI - Fishing in Viet Nam

This isn't a report but a request for information.

Does anybody know anything about sportfishing in Viet Nam? I might go there in July and I'd like to do some fishing. I think I'll be close to the Mekong Delta. I'll fish salt or fresh so I'm not picky. I wouldn't mind checking out some commercial fishing operations while I'm there too. I won't have much time (one week - maybe two).

Anybody got leads?

Thanks,

wow sounds like it would be a TASTY trip. i love vietnamese food.
    you should try and target those huge catfish that are in the mekong i think :p sorry im not much help.

good luck bill.

What a fishing trip that will be. Be sure to get lots of pics. Good luck.

Troutman65

Default I Hope to be Fishing in Vietnam and Thailand

Quote Originally Posted by boxl0bster View Post
    wow sounds like it would be a TASTY trip. i love vietnamese food.
    you should try and target those huge catfish that are in the mekong i think :p sorry im not much help.

good luck bill.
    You mean the giant mekong catfish, Pangasius gigas? Apparently they are pretty rare. There are other things too as shown in this video (snakeheads look like they'd be a blast to catch!).

So it turns out I may go to Thailand and Vietnam. In Thailand I'll be near Chaing Mai. I googled but only found a few sites about sport fishing in Vietnam and a whole lot about fishing in Thailand.

This one is a fishing club.....I think.......I don't speak viet.
    Hanoi Fishing

Nha Trang looks like the place to go to base a marine fishing trip...
    Water Sports at Nha Trang

I think this island is also in Nha Trang.
    Fishing tour at Mun Island

So it looks like Thailand for me will be all about freshwater...
    Dreamlake

http://www.megafishingthailand.com/content/view/253/45/

http://www.anglingthailand.com/index.htm

Oooooh yeah......fishing in Thailand should be real nice.....
    Cat with a cat

CoffeaRobusta,
    I used to live on Bamboo Island close to Mun Island for afew years dating back 28 years ago.....Long time.
    Until I left, there is no such paid operations around, so I don't know what kind of the fishing trip they're offering.
    About Mun Island there are alot of bottom fish around that island, and if you have the right bait and fish the right depth you may run into some wahoo on the bottom and mackerel, skipjack, bonito and some small bluefin tuna too. It've been too long since I left (and haven't been back since) thing may change.
    But fishing or not, that's a nice area to visit.
    Good Luck and post a report when you come back.

KPN.

I wished I had seen this last week. My uncle from vietnam was here and mentioned a lot of fishing lakes, I think he said, you'd pay like $2/day. I don't recall where though. Sorry, couldn't be of more help. Best of luck over there.

I'll be in Vietnam next week. No firm plans yet but I figure on bringing a telescoping rod and fish whenever the opportunity presents itself. I wonder if I need a liscense? I was thinking of hitting the salt at Nha Trang or Ha Long. I figure there's freshwater everywhere so I'll hit whatever rivers, lakes, or ponds that present themselves. There's still a chance I'll hit Thailand too. Maybe I'll catch one of these....

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationwo...,5344242.story

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeaRobusta View Post
    I'll be in Vietnam next week. No firm plans yet but I figure on bringing a telescoping rod and fish whenever the opportunity presents itself. I wonder if I need a liscense? I was thinking of hitting the salt at Nha Trang or Ha Long. I figure there's freshwater everywhere so I'll hit whatever rivers, lakes, or ponds that present themselves. There's still a chance I'll hit Thailand too. Maybe I'll catch one of these....

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationwo...,5344242.story
    Hey, be careful and have fun! Take lots of pics and share with us when you come back. That's my homeland. :D

Quote Originally Posted by Wingnut View Post
    Hey, be careful and have fun! Take lots of pics and share with us when you come back. That's my homeland. :D
    Right on man. I didn't know that. My mother's Viet; Dad's from US. I was born there but left when I was like 2 years old. I was raised mostly by my Dad so I don't know a lot about the Viet side of things. My Mom lives in Sweden now but I'm suspossed to meet up with her in Ho Chi Minh City.

It should be fun and interesting.

Thanks Arthur.

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeaRobusta View Post
    Right on man. I didn't know that. My mother's Viet; Dad's from US. I was born there but left when I was like 2 years old. I was raised mostly by my Dad so I don't know a lot about the Viet side of things. My Mom lives in Sweden now but I'm suspossed to meet up with her in Ho Chi Minh City.

It should be fun and interesting.

Thanks Arthur.
    Very cool, the Ho Chi Minh city I remember was Saigon. I left there in 75 when Saigon fell. I was nine years old. Haven't been back since, but Phuong (Blackwater) and I are planning a trip back there maybe next year to visit our roots. :D

Have fun! Go to Da Lat if you have time, I remember it was beautiful. :cool:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast