Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kaweah River / Kaweah Lake Mouth

Default Kaweah River / Kaweah Lake Mouth

8) My Family and I had a great trip up north to see the Sequoias and the Kaweah River / Kaweah Lake Mouth. When we finally made it up there I had to check out the slick rock area. I got to go down to the rivers edge with my Snot Rocket Litl Ripper Pole. The Family eventually followed me down there. I was looking for little pools and my Dad eventually pointed me to go between these to willow trees. I flipped out the Snot Rocket about 10 feet and let it drift in the current and come back under the willows. On the 5th cast I got hit!!!! :D Did this in 30 minutes

This was my first fish on a Lip Ripper Product, my first fish out of a river, my first BASS outside of a heavily stocked pond, and my first fish on the rod and reel I was using. The 13 1/2 inch Bass was released.

The next day after seeing the Sequoias we went down to the river around 4:30 pm and set up in calm water to catch a few fish. I caught the first trout> a 10 inch trout on Gulp!. The fish fought very different then alot of fish I have caught. It even jumped out of the water on to the shoreline when we were going to net it!! Then a little while later my dad caught his first bass out of the river! I rigged up a Nightcrawler/ Powerbait Combo and the bass took it. Then Heidi (My Sister) was next. I casted out a pole and right when the the Gulp! Bait hit the water a fish ate it!!! I set the hook and Heidi reeled in a nice 13 inch Trout!! We fished for a little over two hours. We missed about 4 bites.

Now on Wednesday it was pure fishing.

I went down with my Chartruese Lip Ripperz Trout Worms to try for the Trout and Bass and sure enough I caught yet another nice bass (15 inches). This bass was taken a few holes up in quick moving water. My sister then decided to go with my mom to a spot further down the shoreline. Eventually we make it down to her spot and we find out that she has a Trout! She had just landed it on Rainbow Powerbait in Nitro Gravy. She caught it all by herself! Congrats! :)

I stayed for a few hours then I decided that I was hiking back to my spot where I had caught the bass. All I took was 4 nightcrawlers, Orange nitro eggs, Lip Ripperz Trout worms, and Needle Nose Pliers. While I am catching fish my Dad and my Sister end up catching nothing.

I took turns between the nightcrawler and nitro egg combo that I used to catch my 2nd 10 inch Trout of the Day and Lip Ripperz Chartruese Worms that I used to catch my second bass of the day estimated at about 13 inches. No Pics of these to fish :x So I got to fish all by myself and had a lot of fun doing that. Those fish were released.

The whole trip was great!!!!!!! 8) :D :D Just thought I would let everyone in on the fishing details :wink:

great report and awsome pictures...looks like you guys had a blast.

Nice looking spotted bass.

Quote Originally Posted by BakoBassin
    Which one??? are those really spotted bass?? :?

Quote Originally Posted by johnsfishing
    Quote Originally Posted by BakoBassin
    Which one??? are those really spotted bass?? :?
    The ones you got are. The one your dad has looks to be a largemouth. Pics kinda blurry.

alright!!! I caught some spottd BASS!!!!

I was looking at pictures comparing largemouth and spotted and I think the difference is that the spotted bass have dark spots on there sides..

what really is the difference in appearance??

Hold em by the lip John. Try to avoid touching the gills as much as possible.

When are you gonna catch something at night?

Quote Originally Posted by one_leg
    Hold em by the lip John. Try to avoid touching the gills as much as possible.

When are you gonna catch something at night?
    I was holding them by the lip :o >> and I feel the urge to go night fishing soon :) .. I saw the last SARL report and it looked pretty good to me.. I have never done it before.

J0hn ownz! :thumb:

Nice job KID! Excellent report and details, keep them coming.

TD

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast