Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: June Loop Family Tips 5/21-5-24

Also be sure to fish Rush Creek around the Campgrounds past Silver......Those pools ALWAYS hold fish..........

Black Panther Martins or Salmon eggs on the drift.... ;)

I just rolled back into town after being at THE SILVER LAKE RESORT with my family for 6 days.

The hot ticket for me was the GULP POWER BAIT in CHUNKY CHEESE, CHUNKY CHARTREUSE, or RAINBOW CANDY, all were producing good bites with the CHUNKY CHARTREUSE leading the way.

Setup up with light line, 2 or 4 pound with a CAROLINA KEEPER, SMALL EGG SINKER 1/16 OR 1/8 OZ with a small treble hook size 14 or 16 set around 20 inches from the keeper.

You can rent a boat from THE SILVER LAKE RESORT for the whole day 7:00am to 7:00pm for $38.00 during the week $55.00 on the weekend end. I recommend the boat and go directly across the lake from the boat rental and anchor in 10 or 12 feet of water. Chances are you will see other boats in the area I am talking about. The best fishing time was from 8:00AM to 2:00PM.

I caught around 70 fish with the bigger one's averaging around 12 to 14 inches "RAINBOWS" I also caught 2 BROWNS around 17 inches on the CHUNKY CHARTREUSE POWER BAIT. I kept and BBQ 10 of the bigger fish and let the others go, I was using a single hook with the barb smashed down and my 6 year old boy was using the treble he caught 6 RAINBOWS.

Also ALPERS planted 200 pounds of fish averaging 4 pounds on Monday the 19th in SILVER LAKE, I am pretty sure that the folks at SILVER LAKE RESORT paid for them.

If you are in the loop you should have some good fishing with the morning being better the wind will blow in the afternoon starting around 3:00. I talked to other fisherman that said June, Gull and Grant Lakes were also producing some nice fish. Grant is low on water but is still giving up some nice fish. RUSH CREEK was pretty good to according to the guys at the fish cleaning station at SILVER LAKE.

Good Luck

I just rolled back into town after being at THE SILVER LAKE RESORT with my family for 6 days.

The hot ticket for me was the GULP POWER BAIT in CHUNKY CHEESE, CHUNKY CHARTREUSE, or RAINBOW CANDY, all were producing good bites with the CHUNKY CHARTREUSE leading the way.

Setup up with light line, 2 or 4 pound with a CAROLINA KEEPER, SMALL EGG SINKER 1/16 OR 1/8 OZ with a small treble hook size 14 or 16 set around 20 inches from the keeper.

You can rent a boat from THE SILVER LAKE RESORT for the whole day 7:00am to 7:00pm for $38.00 during the week $55.00 on the weekend end. I recommend the boat and go directly across the lake from the boat rental and anchor in 10 or 12 feet of water. Chances are you will see other boats in the area I am talking about. The best fishing time was from 8:00AM to 2:00PM.

I caught around 70 fish with the bigger one's averaging around 12 to 14 inches "RAINBOWS" I also caught 2 BROWNS around 17 inches on the CHUNKY CHARTREUSE POWER BAIT. I kept and BBQ 10 of the bigger fish and let the others go, I was using a single hook with the barb smashed down and my 6 year old boy was using the treble he caught 6 RAINBOWS.

Also ALPERS planted 200 pounds of fish averaging 4 pounds on Monday the 19th in SILVER LAKE, I am pretty sure that the folks at SILVER LAKE RESORT paid for them.

If you are in the loop you should have some good fishing with the morning being better the wind will blow in the afternoon starting around 3:00. I talked to other fisherman that said June, Gull and Grant Lakes were also producing some nice fish. Grant is low on water but is still giving up some nice fish. RUSH CREEK was pretty good to according to the guys at the fish cleaning station at SILVER LAKE.

Good Luck

man you guys are great if I cant get the kids and maybe even the wife on the fish with these tips I'm leaving the poles at the loop. time to back and line up the gear

thank you
    thank you
    thank you

Quote Originally Posted by blacklab1 View Post
    I just rolled back into town after being at THE I recommend the boat and go directly across the lake from the boat rental and anchor in 10 or 12 feet of water. You see a where there's a big hole in that area that always produces well.. Look to the north and you'll see a garage the good area is lined up parallel to that garage.

Grant is low on water but is still giving up some nice fish. It's sad to see how low Grant is right now, I didn't even bother with it I was so bummed.

Gull lake was definitely producing Quality and Quantity. If you fish Gull either troll or drift the center of the lake with a power worm and a split shot.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12