Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Increase rates on cattle boat???

Default Increase rates on cattle boat???

Is it me or has the cattle boat prices gone up....

It just occured to me...

Any one know when this took affect?

http://www.newportlanding.com/fish.htm

One word for ya,,,

DIESEL

Do the math.

Yep....Sign of the times! 3/4 trips out of the BIg 3 have gone up as well. $90 bucks to get out!

I can remember going on 23 hour albacore trips out of San Diego for $55 or $60 and I thought that was high!

Most of the LA landings have not changed their prices yet. Thank goodness. But I wouldn't be surprised if they increase their rates soon. Fuel sure is getting expensive these day's for any motorized vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'n Ron View Post
    One word for ya,,,

DIESEL

Do the math.
    exactly right people cap'n ron is right on..think of it as a Diesel 18 wheeler truck were to be on water and think of how much gas prices have gone up so fast!! BAM!! They charge soo much now because they use diesel fuel on those cattle boats and our money pays there gas debt off...they charge 69 out of daveys locker probably the same out of newport.But ya i remember when i was young and it was 35$ its only going to go up in price now since bush screwed us..!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fish Dog View Post
    I can remember going on 23 hour albacore trips out of San Diego for $55 or $60 and I thought that was high!

And I remember when gas hit $1.00.

I also remember my dad filling up the vista cruiser and the boat to go to Alexandria Mn, or Rainy lake from St.Paul,,,,,,,, .23 cents a gallon!

Milk at $2.00 a gallon really got him going.

Told my friends last year that by July this year Gas would hit $5.00 a gallon.

Wait til next year folks,,,, $7.50 a gallon ain't that far away.

They said I was nucking futs for jumping on oil at 27.00

Got to change my name,,,,

Cap'n Nucking Fut's, at yer service.

Everything and anything that gets pulled across the freeways or waterways by a diesel engine is gonna continue to go up. And yeah, It's gonna be one hell of a ride.

So get in.
    Hold on.
    And remember,,,,,,

NO ONE RIDES FOR FREE!

Cap'n Nucking Fut's, at yer service.

Everything and anything that gets pulled across the freeways or waterways by a diesel engine is gonna continue to go up. And yeah, It's gonna be one hell of a ride.

LOL I agree Cap'n Nucking Fut's

Very true. And this it what it takes to get Americans to be a little more conservative with resources and care about effeciency. As much as I hate that the cost of everything goes up, it is about time people start caring a little more. If we had woke up in the 80's, we would have this problem solved or at the very least; a solution underway. You can thank the elected officials over the past 30 years for not demanding the auto industry to increase gas mileage and not investing money into alternative energy etc. Our government finds anyway under the sun to waste money and put the interest of big business as a top priority. And we are the morons who elect them so who is really to blame?

Don't look for the price of things like fishing trips to change anytime soon. It is going to take a crisis like what is developing for people to actually care.

If you owned a oil company, why wouldn't you charge $5 a gallon? or $6? or $7? It's our own fault for depending on it and depending on it to be affordable to us.

[/rant]

Yeah....blame the government for the price of diesel. It's not as if our foreign policy is controlled by our ever expanding appetite for oil.......... ha ha!!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast