Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Upper Kern Camping

Default Upper Kern Camping

Alrighty guys I need your help. I am planing a camping trip to the upper Kern.
    All the sites that I have looked at are nice but they don't have any showers or they don't have any running water. (Its wierd LOL)
    Its going to be a family event, and really looking to do a lot of fishing up there..

Was thinking about Hospital Flats or Fairview campgrounds...
    Are there any other places that you might recomomend?

I like staying at Limestone, but it's a little farther up the road and i don't think they have water.

I'm pretty sure none of the campgrounds above Kernville have showers, except a privately owned place called Rivernook Campground. Most have drinking water though. There are several up there, Hospital Flat, Camp 3, Headquarters, Fairview and all those have water. Limestone doesn't have water.

If you want to camp closer to Isabella, Pioneer Point on the west side of the lake is a great option. I have been there and it is great, all the luxuries that a family will complain about not having ; )
    Last edited by mth1997; 05-16-2008 at 05:40 PM.