Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Outrider or Thunderbird?

Default Outrider or Thunderbird?

From what I've heard, both these boats are good boats. Just wanted to get any firsthand experiences from the board members though - anyone here been on these? How did you like them?

2 very different boats. The Outrider is a 50ft Delta so on overnight trips they will take 10 anglers max. The Thunderbird I think is about 85ft long or so and they can take up to 30-40 people on an overnight. Never been on the Thunderbird. I've seen the Outrider but have not had the chance to fish on it yet. The Outrider looks to be a first class operation.

Your gonna pay more if you fish on the outrider but you are paying for the luxury to fish with less people. Also since it's a smaller boat than the Thunderbird, the Outrider can get into smaller and tighter areas than the larger sportboats can't get into.

I've had a few friends go on the Outrider and they say it's a great boat. Me and a few other friends plan on chartering it next year.

Good luck in your decision.