Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Thresher - La Jolla

thanks for the fillets.... i do agree with you, they sure do taste great. still got any left because im ready for seconds!

Quote Originally Posted by THarry65 View Post
    Sorry..I'm a C&R guy!! if I feel like having thresher shark I go to my local market and buy some!
    am i the only one who sees the irony in this statement? :confused::confused::confused::confused:

Sorry..I'm a C&R guy!! if I feel like having thresher shark I go to my local market and buy some!
    Quote Originally Posted by fish_sauce View Post
    am i the only one who sees the irony in this statement? :confused::confused::confused::confused:
    That sounds like the typical PETA BS you hear about hunting..."Why'd you have to kill that deer?" (as they're scarfing down their hamburger). Just because you add in a middleman and don't kill it yourself that makes it OK.

BTW, great thresher!

Very, Very Nice Billy & Vue..

You guys earned that one, with Lots & lots of time and effort on the water.....

Good job guys...

Beautiful fish Bill, simply awesome! Enjoy the plentiful fillets. :D
    Congrats on the trophy catch.

That reminds me, I gotta ship you the reel. ;) :cool:

Default Big Thresher

I knew I shouldn't have posted that reply!! I just hate the thought of death, I don't care what kind of animal it is..do I need special care? Am i the one that needs a good gaffing through the head?....damn!

That is one awesome fish!

Nicely done on the team work. A fish of a lifetime. The Dinner Time is seeing alot of that in the short period of time Vue and Robert had it.

When's Dinner???

Good TEamwork... just put a little peroxide on that wound and get back out there... too many shark attacks going on to be sitting down.... that could be one more shark out of the waters... LOL J/K Nice Pics

B/C

I knew I shouldn't have posted that reply!! I just hate the thought of death, I don't care what kind of animal it is..do I need special care? Am i the one that needs a good gaffing through the head?....damn!
    [rant]

THarry65,

i think the topic of catch and release has been long and often debated on these forums, and in the end--if there is an end--all we can really agree on is our disagreement on such matter...i didn't mean what i said as a personal attack to you, so i apologize if there was any misunderstanding. The reason why i said it was ironic was because one cannot fully impose predispositioned C&R beliefs/philosophy on others while being a strong proponent of commercial fishery at the same time. It is almost like having a vegan/vegetarian sporting leather shoes!

Case in point: Does anyone recall the commercial shark fishery that stem from the popular and heavily sought-after shark fin? They would catch the shark, bring the shark on board, cut off its fins, and throw the rest of the torso/body back into the ocean. Worse yet, this act was done in a very systematic and efficient way, and it drastically decimated our shark population. (granted there were many other variables that affected shark population, but commercial fishery was by far the main culprit---and who were the commercial fisheries catering to? the consumers who buy their fish at the markets of course!!!)

I said what i said because i thought the gaff comment you made to Normalfellow was over the top and unnecessary...After all, this IS a fishing forum, and we are all here to Share/Give/Receive information. I feel that someone who takes his time to write up a report and share his experience/encounter/information should not be harassed or coerced or made to feel guilty that they have done the wrong thing---especially when they haven't broken any state/federal laws...without such reports, FNN wouldn't really be an interesting online fishing community now, would it? If we all grow apathetic from negative feedbacks and stop generating any kind of report, what happens to the board then?

[/rant]
    Last edited by fish_sauce; 05-11-2008 at 12:55 AM.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast