Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Big Thresher - La Jolla

Quote Originally Posted by fish4keep View Post
    Okay teach...

Everyone has their own opinion but the matter of fact is it was legally caught and if that person wants to keep it or not it's up to him. Like newster said, " if you don't like the law, bash the lawmakers".
    Sooooo, you would keep a fully pregnant bedding female LMB? Because it's "legal"?

Japo

Quote Originally Posted by luckydrew View Post
    So next time I'm out drinking my Coor's Lite and throwing M-80s overboard, I'll reflect on how lucky all us other dumb schmucks are that there exists out there somewhere, those examples of prefection that, if we would just listen, can guide us all into the promised land.
    Thank You for seeing the truth and the light!

Japo

Quote Originally Posted by Normalfellow View Post

Like how wildhorse1966 said, I "dont have time for internet fishermens comments its just not worth the headache anymore in my eyes."
    That is an idiotic line. Where's the substantiation (yes, that IS a word)?

Japo

For every successful person theres always... you know the rest.

Although I do agree that the BD slaughter which is only a fraction of whats going on since there are people who don't post will take a toll on the trophy population soon. Simple statistics.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
    This is funny! Nobody expected you to release a dead shark. NOBODY said that. I said it was unfortunate the fish died as I didnt see that after my first read. Go back and read the thread!!! It was the principle of taking an animal of this magnitude that I thought was a travesty.

For the record:

• Don't insinuate that I am an internet fisherman because I stated my opinion. I spend more time on the water than you can possibly imagine. So I focus on bass tournaments now...whats wrong with that? To act like you "dont have time" for that is contradictory considering you made the post in the first place. You have also responded 7-8 times so you seem to spend alot of time here. Nub
    • Secondly, I am NOT a tree hugger. In reality, I am an educated, conservative, former athlete. If you think I wear a jesus beard and hang out at Berkeley you are mistaken
    • Bloody Decks doesnt scare me at all. As a matter of fact, and you can quote this: I will defend my opinion IN THE FACE of anyone, anywhere and you can take that to the bank. I dont back down from anyone and the day you can find someone to force me to back down Ill present you with a crisp 100 dollar bill.

Im not a hater, I love catching big fish, I was just stating my opinion. And you have decided to label me for it.

You are the one doing the insinuating and labeling. I caught the post you wrote before it was deleted. You might be "educated" but your reading comprehension skills kinda suck, either that or your fishing knowledge is at a low level. If you've ever targeted big Tsharks, you would know that if the fight goes from peeling drag to reeling up dead weight, it's most likely dead. Maybe you don't fish salt. Well, I hope you know, by taking a spawning bass off it's bed, you most likely kill it's fingerlings and thus potential apex predators. Either way, your posts are flawed and invalid. You don't fish fresh either? What do you do? Why are you on this board posting ill-advised negative comments? Please, go away.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
    I don't back down from anyone and the day you can find someone to force me to back down Ill present you with a crisp 100 dollar bill.[/LIST]
    You sure you wanna make a statement like that? If so, I'll take the bet and make it a even $1000. I'll put your so-called former athlete education to test.

Quote Originally Posted by HBJapo View Post
    Sooooo, you would keep a fully pregnant bedding female LMB? Because it's "legal"?

Japo
    Yes, I will keep a fully pregnant bedding female LMB if it came up dead during the fight....

Exclamation

OK gentlemen......

Ive let this drag on as long as Im going to.....

I have NO PROBLEM with the debate that is going on here....... HOWEVER, I DO have a problem when the debate turns personal and into bashing other members.

Ive seen some good points made here from BOTH sides of the argument, but Ive also seen the debate turn to personal attacks between members a few times as well..... there is no need for that.

We can ALL state our opinion in a manner that does NOT insult other members.

I know these topics get heated and I know opinions are strong, but we need to keep the personal remarks directed towards other members OFF the board.

Lets get back to fishing. Thread locked.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910