Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Sharing The Rail

People see a colored number on their ticket and see a colored number on the rail. They think they own that spot of the rail for the day.

Some people get their at super dark o'clock because the office asks them what color number they want at the rail.

Because they get that number they don't give a rat's ***** about the rest of the boat. It doesn't matter they'll just say it's my spot and plant themselves, and stand there like useless furniture for the whole day.

They probably fish jigs off the stern of the boat while everyone else is trying to flyline a bait, and the current is pulling lines across and in front of them too. They'll still blame it on you for tangling everyone's (his) line.

ive been with those guys b4... it buggs the crap out of me
    i would fish REALY close to him till he backs off

Quote Originally Posted by Brian_GSC View Post
    That sucks man. It seems there is always some one that does that. One way to reduce the odds of that happening is to fishing on charters. That was one of the big reasons I started fishing limited load trips and 6-packs.

I have been on trips like that with a "corner hog". Here's what I have done: I go to the bait tank, pin on a fresh bait, walk straight to "his" corner and cast over him a few times, that "guy" usually gets the idea and backs off a little. If that doesn't work I will say something to him.

Usually, I'd catch on to what was going on and then I'd cast behind you. I love 3 tier-ing people. especially when there's clearly room on both sides... just to prove a point the three of us would crowd that one corner. Looks kinda gay but the corner hog usually moves.
    Last edited by k3vin_kim; 07-04-2008 at 10:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by k3vin_kim View Post
    Usually, I'd catch on to what was going on and then I'd cast behind you. I love 3 tier-ing people. especially when there's clearly room on both sides... just to prove a point the three of us would crowd that one corner. Looks kinda gay but the corner hog usually moves.
    You know you do it on purpose.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345