Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Golden trout hike in lakes...

Default Golden trout hike in lakes...

Hi all:
    It's a shame that people are angry about sharing info. The person posting should be allowed to define the parrameters for the info's distribution.

In any case, I'm no longer able to camp or backpack as I did when I was younger and healthier. Does anyone know of any good dayhikes to lakes with golden trout in the Eastern Sierra? Any info would be appreciated. If you are concerned about advertising the info to much, you can message me and I will keep it private...

Thanks,
    Fishin Fool

I don't think this is any "secret," but Saddlebag Lake has some pretty good opportunities to catch some nice fish without too much hiking. There's an easy level trail around the lake or just take the water taxi to the other side of the lake and there's some beautiful lakes back there. The altitude is a little up there(10,000+), but if you can handle it, it's truly heaven on earth.

unfortunately, i can't think of many golden trout lakes that are easily accesible, all the ones i have been too have been pretty difficult hikes.

Default Hey, Rusty 6

I know that was certainly true when I was younger and did the work. I am just hoping, as I have a respect and awe for golden trout, and figured it was worth a try.

If you have a 4X4 you can drive to Laurel Lakes. Any stock truck or SUV should make it without a problem.

I'd suggest downloading the backcountry fishing guide posted in another thread. It has some VERY useful information on it. Check out the trails and do a google search on them. I am thinking of doing several day hikes to get to some lakes with goldens in June...

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    I'd suggest downloading the backcountry fishing guide posted in another thread. It has some VERY useful information on it. Check out the trails and do a google search on them. I am thinking of doing several day hikes to get to some lakes with goldens in June...
    Do you happen to have a link to this guide? I have searched and can't seem to find it.

Thanks,
    Darren

Exactly which post is this on. I cant find it:(:
    Thanks,
    Fishin Fool

Quote Originally Posted by fishin fool View Post
    Hi all:
    It's a shame that people are angry about sharing info. The person posting should be allowed to define the parrameters for the info's distribution.

In any case, I'm no longer able to camp or backpack as I did when I was younger and healthier. Does anyone know of any good dayhikes to lakes with golden trout in the Eastern Sierra? Any info would be appreciated. If you are concerned about advertising the info to much, you can message me and I will keep it private...

Thanks,
    Fishin Fool
    Don't sweat it man, TRUST ME, I know how you feel.

Fishing Fool--

Would a horse/mule pack trip be do-able for you? If so, see about Humphery's Basin out of North Lake/Bishop Creek drainage. I don't know whether a packer is working that area or not.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast